Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • where to ride after the mega has ended
  • covertchris
    Free Member

Myself and a mate have booked to do the mega. We have got sixteen days to ride the bikes!
    We have booked the platinum pack so that gives us 9 days of riding round Alp D’Huez. Looking for ideas on where to head off to after our nine days are up.

IA

I will say, whilst you’re in ADH get the route of the marathon world-cup that’s run round there, and ride it. Ace singletrack on it.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

9 days is a long time for ADH, and it depends what sort of riding you want to do.

We’re heading off to Morzine to ride DH for the week after.

IA

That too, but there are some ace more XCish loops round there to do that could keep you occupied provided you can read a map and have a bike you’d ride up hills. Helps if a couple of thousand metres of climb in a day don’t scare you either.

covertchris
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Will get the route for the marathon world cup, sounds fun. And morzine sounds like a good plan aswell. Would like a good mix of riding, be nice to have a couple of chilled out days aswell so we can do the tourist thing. Dont think I could take 16 days of riding anyway.

ianv
    Free Member

Go south to Montgenevre and the Italian alpi bike parks. Only about an hour and a bit from Bourg d’oisans. Better weTher than morzine usually and less busy.

covertchris
    Free Member

Montgenevre sounds good. Quite like the idea of doing abit of travelling around for the week.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Valloire is very good too

ianv
    Free Member

If you don’t mind travelling, check out orciere (north of gap) as well. About another hour from Montgenevre but it’s sort of on the way back to Grenoble for the return journey. Fun place.

Not been to valloire but I have heard some good things about it.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Valloire: some how get up to top of Galibier and then do full fairly obvious trail down to Valloire, jump on Gondola and workout the FULL, 2000m trail to the valley. Magic stuff.

covertchris
    Free Member

All these ideas sound fantastic. can see this turning into one hell of a holiday.

ianv
    Free Member
    covertchris
    Free Member

Ianv. Thanks very much for that. Very useful.

lucien

Les Deux Alpes is only over the valley (AKA 5 miles away) plenty of groomed and off piste stuff, from full on lairy to easy blues / greens.

Some marked XC stuff to the valley floor as well (into Bourg D’oission) from both Alpe D’huez and Les Deux Alpes – tourist office (in Bourg) has maps to buy for both

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘where to ride after the mega has ended’ is closed to new replies.