Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Where to get a suit for £150 ish?
  • jp-t853

M&S suits can be as little as £60 at Gretna Gateway and you can usually pick up the £350 suits for under £150. not sure where other factory outlets are.

timber

My only need for a suit is functions that dictate them and I certainly have no idea what is the right cut or is the fashion unless they are chainsaw trousers.

So I went for a M&S cheapy suit, got it to go round the widest points (shoulders and thighs) then got a lady in the next town to make it match my shape. Tidy as. Cheapest tailored way I know of short of picking one up in Nepal (as a friend did).

damo2576
    Free Member

Dior

-Edit, sorry, thought you said £1500

schnullelieber
    Free Member

But then went to Zara and tried on a pair of flat-fronted suit trousers and they fit; went back for the jacket a couple of days later.

You sound like a shop-lifter 🙂

lister

Thanks folks, looks like I’ll head to McArthur Glen retail outlet, and if that’s no good then Debenhams and M&S.

Ta!

CaptJon
    Free Member
    samuri
    Free Member

Also, I bought a really smart suit from Age concern on Satursay for 6 quid. They threw in a wasitcoat and a tie for free. Six quid for a suit!

Wool too. Awesome. Smelled of wee when I started sweating mind. But wool!

djglover
    Free Member

+1 for Paul smith outlet, still running an 11 year old one I got for just over 200 quid at the york one. Classic styling that still looks good today. Ted baker won’t, m&s will fall appart

mafiafish
    Free Member

Gieves and hawkes outlets have some cheaper stuff that will be f nice quality. I was really impressed with jaeger for their styles, quite modern while still using good weight wool and solid construction. M&S Sartorial and Collezionne are also a good choice. If you’re near York I would definately recomend the outlet there, lots of choice across this price range. Hackett, Gieves, Daks, Paul Smith, Ted Baker, M&S etc etc

Sparx
    Free Member

Matalan? Picked up a reasonable suit for about 75 quid for uni, they do some nice grey ones too. Then spend the change on beer/petrol/bike parts?

simonb512
    Free Member

M&S? They aren’t the best suits in the world, but the fit reasonably well and mine has lasted for nearly 10years now.

donsimon
    Free Member

mine has lasted for nearly 10years now.

How often do you wear the damned thing for it to last 10 years?

Coyote
    Free Member

Next

Stuey01
    Free Member

Charcoal grey, plain, no stripes, is definitely the most versatile colour for a suit.
    Single breasted, 1 or 2 (3 if it fits well and suits your body shape)button jacket, flat fronted or single pleat trousers, standard notched lapels, no turn ups on the trousers, nothing too fancy or “fashionable”.

It’ll do all occasions.

Whatever you do do not buy one of those skinny trousered, short jacket suits that are doing the rounds. They might look ok poncing around shoreditch, but turn up to a job interview or a funeral in one and you’ll just look like a ****.

So many suggestions for where to buy so I won’t echo them. Just try a few and buy the one that fits best.

Job done.

(I said earlier that here was the last place I would come for fashion advice and here I am doleing it out, I am aware of the irony)

donsimon
    Free Member

This has been running for so long that I’d forgotten the original question, so I think this suggestion might be redundant.
    M&S- You can, I think, buy one jacket and two or three pairs of trousers. Trousers wear out quicker than jacket, but if it’s just occasional useage, this is not important.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Where to get a suit for £150 ish?’ is closed to new replies.