Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where is the triple to double switch on my 10 speed front Deore XT lever?
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

It is a SL-M780

sssimon
    Free Member

it’s on the front mech, just beside the limit screws

neninja
    Free Member

They don’t have the switch on the front M780 shifters only on the M785

mudmonster
    Free Member

It said it had the switch on info next to the shifter before I bought it. I’m really confused about all this now. So they have a switch on the mech too. So I have to buy a front mech as well?

reedspeed
    Free Member

Dont yah just do it with the screws on the mech? .

mudmonster
    Free Member

The new XT shifters have a small switch to change between double and triple ring set-ups.

dirtydog
    Free Member

The “mode convertor screw” is located on the underside of your left hand shifter, look closely.

Don’t force it!

You have to push the downshift lever slightly whilst turning the screw, it’s probably best to read the instructions which will be on the Shimano site.

Here

http://bike.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/SI/Deore-XT/SI_5MZ0A/SI-5MZ0A-001-00-Eng_v1_m56577569830746328.pdf

DickBarton

I ends up with xtr shifters as I couldn’t find the switch on the xt shifters. If you do find it, put the shifter in top gear then adjust it…it effectively stops the second click to the granny ring.

mudmonster
    Free Member

I looked through the instruction sheet but couldn’t find anything. Only screws look like they hold it together. Was wondering if it is the one next to the 22.2 number on the bottom?

dirtydog
    Free Member

Your warm!

It says 2x and 3x, here’s mine

Shifter needs to be on middle ring when changing mode switch.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Ok Mine doesn’t have it, ****

dirtydog
    Free Member

That’s very strange if they’re SL-M780s.

You can just make out on the photo that mine are definitely 780s.

Could they be OEM, do Shimano even make OEM shifters?

neninja
    Free Member

Sorry I got my numbers muddled the 2011 M770 10 speed don’t have the function the 2012 M780 10 speed do as pictured above.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I changed my SLX set up from triple to double via the limiter screws on the front mech. Worked fine. I’m assuming this isn’t the way its meant to be done, but couldn’t affort to spend even more on new kit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where is the triple to double switch on my 10 speed front Deore XT lever?’ is closed to new replies.