• This topic has 60 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Where have you ridden today/what have you done?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Rode from Liverpool to daresbury and back. It wouldn’t have been possible to get any wetter if I had been completely submerged, which to a certain extent I was…

chiefgrooveguru

I went to the library. It’s down a big hill and up a bigger hill and I’m on crutches. Hard, like a fast XC ride but with different muscles feeling the burn. No fun at all going back down.

chvck
    Free Member

Played a couple of hours of 3 on 3 ultimate frisbee including an hour of slightly modified quebec rules and some work. Feeling quite tired now.

Was going to do a load more work on a DH track im building but the rain put a stop to that!

Parvis
    Free Member

Malvern hills, so windy I didn’t dare ride some normally very easy sections. Also realised that I am at my lowest level of fitness in probably 6-7 years, embarassingly poor at climbing. Now I’m cheering myself up by eating mississippi mud pie, then probably a curry.

Vortexracing

just come back from an hours ride on The roadrat. I’m sure I could not have been any wetter if I had stood in the shower. 🙁

Now I know why people buy winter training bikes. The roads round here are horrendous, it looks like Beirut, the pot holes are not only big but bloody deep as well, not to easy to judge when they are in the middle of a 20ft puddle.

off out again probably up Rivvy tomorrow. Must be mad 🙄

handyman
    Free Member

filled some holes in a plasterboard ceiling, hauled a large pile of logs up a steep slope on a sledge thtough knee deep snow and ice, and brought them home, stacked them in garage and then dug some ice around the driveway entrance so we can drive in a bit easier without hitting the ice piles which are 5 ft high each side of drive, living in NJ usa oh to see the grass again

MrSparkle

Riding tomorrow on a route designed as ‘flipping cheek’! So, no bike today instead hit the moors for a hard and splashtastic fell run. High stepping through ankle deep water on the ‘paths’. It was hard, but good.

glenncampbell

Have done an hour on the turbo today and will do an hour on the turbo tomorrow. Not tooooo bad I suppose.

juiced
    Free Member

played at swinley for 3 hours. 😀 lovely and dry.

jedi

i been coaching a public session today, feel ruined now 🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

GW, yeh, the tour of EL…not ridden much around that way so looking forward to it 🙂 Unless its super windy of course!

Jedi, you seen my fb status?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Domestics than a wander in the woods with a spade (improving draining). Qs tomorrow!

yunki
    Free Member

easy day today.. housework.. hanging out with yunki Jr.. friends over this arvo..

tomorrow is a nice Dartmoor loop trying out some sections in reverse for better rocky descents and more offroad ascending.. and trying some new links to hang it all on..

forge197
    Free Member

Mucked about in Kirroughtree today mix of trails and some natural stuff

elaineanne
    Free Member

no riding for me today im still drying off from thursday nite ! ruddy rain..
    been to buy a new toaster and a sandwich press today instead 😉

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I very nearly completed a cheeky trail I’m working on. Just need to build a small bridge and move a bit of soil and a log or two and It’ll finally be finished.

GW
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear – Member
    Domestics than a wander in the woods with a spade (improving draining).

😯

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Went to a very wet & windy CYB again and did the Dragons Back, despite the weather we had an excellent ride talk about mtfu rides 😆

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

😀 OK that didn’t translate well.

The main loop in my local woods gets swampy in places and by digging some drainage at certain spots it helps prevent it getting too soggy during rain. An added bonus is that it creeps-out the dog walkers to see a lone guy carrying a spade and furtively digging trenches before melting away into the trees.

yunki
    Free Member

OK that didn’t translate well.

I think GW meant the other part.. because to me it reads like you’re going to beat your other half… and then head off into the woods to do some drainage work..

jedi

dgoab, i’m glad to be of assistance! 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Where have you ridden today/what have you done?’ is closed to new replies.