Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Where do you find music cassettes?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

As some of you have laughed at already, I have bought an old car. It has a radio cassette play but the electric ariel doesn’t work so I need some tapes.

This is a TVR red wedge so Billy Bragg or similar is good. I always liked the Specials.

Where do you get cassettes from?

If anyone wants the radio it is for sale

CaptJon
    Free Member

charity shops?
    under peoples’ beds?

skywalker
    Free Member

Better off buying a CD/MP3 player for it surely?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

None in charity shops – I tried

I am going to convert the Wedge into a 50’s sports car so don’t want to spend on the interior until I get the new shell

At the moment I am enjoying the V8 running through 4 Pot Holleys but I guess that thrill will wear off

RealMan
    Free Member

…ebay?

Don’t know really. I can only vaguely remember cassettes tbh. Ipod and headphones?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Where? In my car – but you can get a cassette adaptor for an iPod 🙂

Or record your own cassettes – you will of course still have a cassette recorder in your hi-fi system and some blank cassettes? No? Just me then? 😳

nealglover
    Free Member

At the moment I am enjoying the V8 running through 4 Pot Holleys but I guess that thrill will wear off

No it won’t 😉

Or at least, if it ever does, your dead inside.

john_drummer
    Free Member

just swap the music thing, they come out easily enough.

<edit> is that thing made from MDF? or an old kitchen cabinet? 😯 </edit>

schrickvr6
    Free Member

In a museum!

tron
    Free Member

You really struggle buying proper pre-made tapes these days. I briefly had a car with only a tape deck and buying tapes proved to be more or less impossible. That was probably 4 or 5 years ago.

If you can be bothered recording your own, Wilkos still sell blank tapes. Alternately, you can get those tapes on a wire that plug into a discman / ipod.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Last time I cleared out the loft I found loads, including the first 22 now thats what I call music (all on tape!)

All went to the charity shop…

Northwind

That’s a wicked tape deck! I’d get one of those tape-adaptor things that you can run a jack-in from.

edhornby

adaptor and ipod, even though they are cheap they’ll probably sound better than an actual tape

NZCol

Photos of car pls

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have some I doubt I will ever play again – email me if yo want them and I’ll look out what I have

jamesy01
    Free Member

This thread is more “look I’ve got a TVR” than “oh no I’ve got a cassette deck”

😀

5lab

that cassette deck is

a) not original
    b) poorly fitted

just rip it out and put in a cd player or something with ipod connectivity

failing that, there are 117,000 listings for casettes here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Music-/11233/i.html

its a bit of an obvious one really

restless
    Free Member

I still have my tape collection 😀

Haven’t quite got the hang of i-pods yet. CDs are as modern as it gets here.

Cougar

I’ve a drawer full of the feckers, but I’m seemingly ten years younger than you. If you’re looking for Poison and T’Pau and the Pet Shop Boys, I’m your man.

toys19
    Free Member

I still buy my blank tapes from tape city good value and have everything you need.

theotherjonv

I’ll have a look in the loft. May even have some Billy Bragg.

Rubber_Buccaneer

If only you had asked a couple of weeks ago before I chucked mine out.

Can’t remember them all but The Boomtown Rats and Carter USM were in there. Unlucky.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Cougar – Member

I’ve a drawer full of the feckers, but I’m seemingly ten years younger than you. If you’re looking for Poison and T’Pau and the Pet Shop Boys, I’m your man.

Sounds more like my sisters tape collection. Do you wear skinny jeans 😀

paulosoxo
    Free Member

5lab – Member

that cassette deck is

a) not original
    b) poorly fitted

Poorly fitted, the sign that it is actually TVR factory fitted 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

+ ipod??????

MrsToast
    Free Member

I can only vaguely remember cassettes tbh

😥

thegreatape
    Free Member

Wouldn’t you be better off spending your spare cash on Araldite?

verses

I have a cassette-to-3.5mm adaptor jobbie kicking around that I’ll happily send you if you want.

But on the condition that you;
    a) upload photos of the car
    b) acknowledge that jamesy01 was right 😀

Serious offer btw…

mudshark
    Free Member

Freecycle? I have lots of tapes hidden away somewhere vaguely thinking I should do something with them. I only recently managed to bring myself to dump several hundred 3.5″ floppies.

flyingmonkeycorps

I had loads kicking around but I’ve a feeling I disposed of them when I stopped having a car with a cassette player. I DO have Dear You and Bivouac by Jawbreaker on tape though. And possibly Slip by Quicksand.

TooTall
    Free Member

It isn’t like the car will be reliable enough to warrant getting more than 1 or 2 tapes anyway. Old TVR = garden ornament.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

As a different approach just get a new stereo for not much money. I have a Kenwood KDC BT30 sat boxed in my office that has CD/MP3, Aux in and even Bluetooth for the phone. It’s just gathering dust but I’m reluctant to just give it away. Email me if you’re interested. I’m not after a lot of money for it.

vinnyeh

There used to be loads by the side of the road from folk chucking them out the car window when they jammed.
    Have a scout on the motorway verges.

Can’t all have biodegraded by now.

RealMan
    Free Member

Have a scout on the motorway verges.

You’ll probably find yourself there with not much to do often enough anyway.

DezB
    Free Member

NZCol – Member
    Photos of car pls

This one innit?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

RealMan – Member

You’ll probably find yourself there with not much to do often enough anyway.

😆

redthunder
    Free Member

Get your ass down Proper Job in Worle…

IMG_6121-001 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Where do you find music cassettes?’ is closed to new replies.