Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where do I get torque wrenches recalibrated – or not bother ?
  • scaredypants

I never use ’em but might end up starting (car, not bike but I’m guessing the bike forum’s best for this) and they’re probably 40 years old
    One’s a big ****-off Norbar thing and the other’s MHH, with a sort of toque-meter on it rather than a limiter

Any point in getting them redone. If so, who does it ?

mark90
    Free Member

I aquired a big torque wrench that had been left wound on. Had it checked by Cromwell. They it wasn’t adjusted back to within tollerance just a certificate of error across the range so i have to manually compensate. No big deal for me as it’s not my normal use torque wrench, just use for the odd big job. But would be a pain if used regularly. Can’t recall the cost as it was a few years ago.

Edit: Price list….

https://www.cromwell.co.uk/calibration/calibration-prices

LeeW

I’ll do them for you, email in profile. I manage a stds lab for the biggest calibration service provider in the world mwah ha ha ha.

wolly
    Free Member

Used tool-cal, Link for a 1200N norbar and a couple of snap on wrenches quick turnaround and not badly priced

scaredypants

LeeW – assuming you’re serious, email on it’s way (once I’ve unblocked a toilet 😥 )

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where do I get torque wrenches recalibrated – or not bother ?’ is closed to new replies.