Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Where did you ride this weekend?
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

There doesn’t seem to be a thread yet for the weekend gone, so where did you ride?

I headed up on Dartmoor with the Plymouth uni club. We stuck in some big miles leaving from campus and peddling up to Princetown and then back agin. Pictures and plenty of words about it in my blog post.

jekkyl

I rode there & back again to see how far it is.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I rode there & back again to see how far it is.

Where was there?

peachos
    Free Member

in circles somewhere near inverness

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

First ride since November due to work/xmas/blowing my knee up etc.

So took it easy and went for a slog around in the muck from home around the wastelands of South Halifax. Hadn’t realised how much I’d missed riding a bike. Time to treat it to some new wheels and tyres this week I think and finish sorting my singlespeed out.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Up and down hills under ben wyvis

dantsw13

22 k of muddy bog in East Sussex. At least the steep climbs were grippy.

[/url] Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

Not me riding, but you get the idea! Still fun though.

richpips
    Free Member

I went for a mooch round the Cheshire lanes on Saturday, then took my lad to the park so he could practice jumping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richseipp/12018423365/

dknwhy

Isle of Purbeck although it was so gloomy that we did most of it on road. Did see a rambler go thigh deep into a stream though:
    “It’s ok lads, you’ll be fine on the bikes, it’s not that deeeeeeeeppppp…..” 😆

OmarLittle
    Free Member

4 hours at the velodrome while it was pissing with rain outside…was great 😀

danielgroves
    Free Member

Not me riding, but you get the idea! Still fun though.

Ahh, a lighter shade of the Dartmoor bogs, at least your hubs are in sight though 😀

funkrodent

I went for a mooch round the Cheshire lanes on Saturday, then took my lad to the park so he could practice jumping.

Just watched that. Ouch! Hope the nipper is ok.

Did Edale loop on Saturday (Rushup Edge – Pennine Bridleway – up and over to Jacob’s Ladder). Took a woefully underprepared Sanderson Life (summer tyres etc, my mate was on the FS) round and really enjoyed it, though my bones are still rattling. Wet rocks and very slippery mud. Have added semi-controlled skidding to my extensive repertoire 🙂

Will be in North Wales next weekend for more slippery rock fun and games..

weeksy

Local roads in West Berks, Stanmore, Peasemore, Yattendon etc.

Not very exciting but didn’t have time for cleaning bike afterwards so just a little road for me…

Glad I bought that AM bike, it’s Great for local road rides 😉

Legoman
    Free Member

Muddy splash around Swinley with a mate who’d blagged a nice demo bike for the weekend.

It was was either 12.3 miles or 10.4 miles, depending who’s Strava you believed.

lilchris
    Free Member

..into work 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

I trail ran, did most of a 30k route, bailed at the Olympic Park on the canal cos I fell in.. 😆

ianv
    Free Member

Ille sur Tet (near Perpignan), it was sunny and the trails were dry 😀

dukeduvet

Explored the trails around Pencaitland in East Lothian for the first time. Muddy but loads of fun singletrack around Saltoun. Best bit was smelling the whisky from Glenkinchie Distillery as the sun set and I headed down the Kinchie trail. Beautiful views, peaceful, sunny. 🙂

danielgroves
    Free Member

I trail ran, did most of a 30k route, bailed at the Olympic Park on the canal cos I fell in..

Stylish! I’m glad you made it back in one piece.

TiRed

Finished my BC coaching course and rode home from Cyclopark along Wattling way, Shooters Hill and all the way around the South Circular. At least this time I wasn’t hypothermic.

shortcut

I did around 50 miles on the dark side leaving from my back door and returning to the same.

A lovely loop on mainly quiet lanes but still with some muddy patches.

Alex

Same location. Different rides. Yesterday so many people, today we had the hills to ourselves. I must take more days off. The important thing is not to waste them 🙂

Yesterday

FLYGA.. by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Today

B&W by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

argoose
    Free Member

Penhydd 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mendip and Qs. Wet and slippery fun.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Mendip of course

Trekster

Ae forest on Sunday, 8am start.

Ae Windmill Alley1 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Ae new descent to the Face by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Finished with the first fry-up of the year 😆

Ae cafe in the park by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

36 mile local on cycle paths & quite roads.

Cant remember my hands & feet being so cold – shower & then bath sorted it.

dazzlingboy

Another round and round near Inverness here….tired.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Trundled round the Cheshire lanes, lost the big ring, snapped a spoke and drank pink grapefruit juice for the first time

MaryHinge
    Free Member

First time on the MTB this year, first time on the MTB for about 6 months!

Steady couple of hours around the Belper trails.

DavidB
    Free Member

Great big loop up onto the Imber Range Path and then over the muddy Ridgeway.

wiggles
    Free Member

Rode about 4 miles from my house, fell into massive puddle… went home.

johnnylad123
    Free Member

Guild Wheel around Preston, never done it before but found it a good ride that allows socializing and not getting too s**t up. Result!!

velomanic
    Free Member

Only managed a 17 mile local road loop (Isle of Man).

Mrs V got back from hospital on Saturday after having a new knee so I’m on caring duty. She saw me looking out the window at the blue sky & sunshine, a ‘look’ was exchanged and she said “you’ve got one hour”!

hjghg5
    Free Member

No riding over the weekend but 38 road miles in gran canaria today. Big road ride planned for tomorrow too.

martyn35
    Free Member

Managed a 14 mile loop around my local farm tracks and woods. Was nice to be out on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Tess
    Free Member

Ilkley Moor, muddiest it has ever been, staying clear of it till May me thinks, give things a chance to dry out.

rascal
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden properly in ages.
    Looking forward to a long-overdue blast (slog) around Cannock on Sunday though 🙂

Speshpaul

25miles around the stiperstones, cardon stapleton back over the stipers and Eastridge.
    Muddy but sunny, bloody great.

brokenbanjo

Did Breasthigh road on Saturday. Was a brilliant ride, apart from the soaked and freezing left foot!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Where did you ride this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.