Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • where can i get magura durins serviced?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I am kinda in surrey / misddlesex area and need to get a set of magura durin SL’s serviced, i want a proper service on them. The website is pretty crap at saying where they can be serviced, its surely not a send to service centre job? if so anybody got their contact details?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Send them to Magura is the best way.. 80 odd quid plus postage. Easy to do a lube service but if you need bushings and what not best get them to do it.

weeble
    Free Member

Durin’s are really easy to do a full service, I’ve done a few. I’ve got some detailed instructions if your confident enough to have a go yourself

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ti_pin_man
    Free Member

This set had a slight leak recently so I want to get them looked at properly. Any clue where to send them? The ashby address?

zbonty

http://www.racemechanic.co.uk

Does all the Magura servicing for the UK now. Can’t vouch for him personally (atleast until i get my forks back!)

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Here’s the address:

c/o Mike Jenner
    Magura Tech Support
    Eurobike
    Unit B
    Grampian Building
    Sinfin Industrial Estate
    Sinfin Lane
    Derby
    DE24 9GL

Mike’s a good bloke, although he’s just back from holiday and only does Magura stuff part-time, so you may have a bit of a wait. Email him (at the email zbonty gave above), and he’ll probably send you his phone number so you can book it in.

And make sure you give the fork a good clean before you send it in!

Which bit is leaking by the way? My Durin’s have been great, apart from the FCR travel adjust unit which keeps failing 🙁

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Offrhebrakes – just the right stanchion was leaking a bit of oil while doing the trans Provence. They still worked but the mechanics on the race weren’t really interested, has a quick look and said, your rebound still works, cleaned the legs and sent me away. They weeped a little each day but kept working. The mechanical support is the only very minor criticism of a truly awesome event. So now I am home I want them sorted. Might have been the height we were at but I doubt it, not much leaking back home.

So this mike fella is official magura support?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Yes Mike is the official UK Magura support.

As for weeping oil onto the stanchion, that’s what they are supposed to do, it shows that the seals are staying lubricated. I wondered about this at the start, but spoke to some Magura guys at Mountain Mayhem and they said it was fine. If they stop weeping a little oil, then its probably time to do the small lube service (video on the Magura website).

Give Mike a call anyway if you’re worried, he’ll tell you what the score is and advise you whether you need to send them in or not.

joolsburger
    Free Member

My Durins always have a little tide mark on the stanchion, I second the above.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Cheers for that I’ll give him a shout on Monday. It just seemed a bit more oil than I’d expect, I guess the dust and dirt might have exaggerated it a bit, when dirt sticks to the oil it seems to be more.

weeble
    Free Member

Theres also these guys Moonglu

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘where can i get magura durins serviced?’ is closed to new replies.