Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where can I get an SLX lever body?
  • Rockplough
    Free Member

Can’t find any in stock anywhere. Can you even get these separately? Snapped my lever but caliper and hose are fine so was hoping to resurrect.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Your lbs can order one from madison who will more than likely hold ample stock awaiting individual spares orders. It is also quite likely that the full rrp you will pay for the lever alone will make buying a whole new-but-discounted brake for the spare caliper, hose and pads very tempting too.

glenh
    Free Member

crc? I’ve bought a couple of levers from them in the past, including and slx one.

Rockplough
    Free Member

CRC are out of stock. I had to pony up full retail to replace the whole thing (snapped mid-race so was at mercy of shop) so I’ve already got spares. Just want to get a full brake working.

cynic-al
    Free Member

If it’s listed as a spare you should be able to get one from Madison via LBS?

May not be economic though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

UK Bike store can usually get Shimano lever spares, BUT their prices for an XT lever blade, were greater than a whole lever (master cylinder, lever clamp etc) off of CRC.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Aye forget full retail, as has been said it doesn’t make sense. Suppose I’ll just keep the bits as spares. Thanks anyway.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

having just bent the blade on my M775 XT lever, a bit of googling suggested the RRP for the blade alone is 90% of that for the whole lever unit. Given CRC are selling the whole unit for less than RRP I ended up going for that, on the grounds I now have spare everything else.

Had a look on ebay and a used, scratched M775 lever unit went for £32, when CRC are only asking ~£37 for new.

Annoyed I procratinated when wiggle were doing pair of M810 Saint with hoses and fluid for ~£80 (less the obvious £5 voucher, plus cash back…) by the time I’d decided to go for it theyd sold out.

glenh
    Free Member

Rockplough – Member
    CRC are out of stock. I had to pony up full retail to replace the whole thing (snapped mid-race so was at mercy of shop) so I’ve already got spares. Just want to get a full brake working

They’ve got XT levers for £3 less than the out of stock slx ones…….

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23097

Rockplough
    Free Member

Oh so they do. Didn’t think of that. I’m told all servo-wave levers and calipers are cross compatible.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get an SLX lever body?’ is closed to new replies.