• This topic has 27 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mcj78.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Where are you riding in Scotland this summer?
  • fergal
    Free Member

Don’t want to jinx it but yes Summer, top on the list for me are Ben Lawers and a couple of days in the Great wilderness, on nice dry dusty trails.. this would be just the ticket, so what future epics do you plan?

carlos
    Free Member

Off up to Scotland for a long weekend next month. looking at riding Kirroughtree, (maybe) Devils Staircase, something round Ben Nevis, stuff around Fort Bill which we’re hoping to include the gondolas and Torridon.

Not sure its going to be dusty, but its sure going to be a giggle 😆

fergal
    Free Member

Good luck, yeah top notch bog snorkelling, ie tour de Ben nevis.

Northwind

Only really fixed on the kinlochleven and dunoon enduros, every year I say this’ll be the year I do the whw, go up to torridon, all that jazz but I never do. Too easy to just keep going back to the tweed valley tbh!

onehundredthidiot

Mostly from the door but might make the arduous journey to tweed Valley. Might go to lakes for some day rides. It’s only an hour away.

duncancallum

Torridan in June

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pretty much all my weekends away that I have planned are in the lakes, just can’t see past it at the moment!.

j4mie
    Free Member

Maybe Laggan at end of April if it’s a bit warmer.
    Week in Scotland at end of May, hopefully up to Torridon, Fort William etc then Tweed Valley on the way home the weekend after.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If I get a chance I’d like to explore the area to the south west of Glen Coe. Failing that, more riding in the Valley away from the blue posts.

fergal
    Free Member

The Lakes… behave! Just had a friend (who is a fell runner) lecture me about bikes destroying footpaths, not that old chestnut. Can’t get enough of the Lakes.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tell him feet destroy footpaths. Walloper.

nairnster
    Free Member

Laggan, Glenlivet, Fort William, Glentress, Fochabers, and probably Dunkeld

bruneep

probably the same I ride in the winter

scotroutes

The Cairngorms. A lot.

I promise to travel a bit further afield more this year 🙂

fergal
    Free Member

You do your’e bit for the environment, the rest of us will keep truckin on! The last two years in early summer, a tour of the Cairngorms has been ace.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hopefully a day ride into the middle of nowhere, following the SSDT, 1st week in May.

ianfitz
    Free Member

The HT550 group start for me. So most of Scotland!

epicyclo

Places where I won’t see another bike or human all day.

ianfitz – Member
    The HT550 group start for me. So most of Scotland!

When’s that this year? I’ll need to get my eyes polished for the dot watching marathons on my computer. I reckon those of us who merely sit and watch suffer more than the participants…. 🙂

rickmeister

Hope to get the fatbike out on west coast beaches after the fort William dh in June.

bedmaker

Torridon today 🙂

Probbly Torridon this summer too…and Macdui again for starters.

Bregante

I’ll probably start a separate thread if I dont get many suggestions but there’s a good chance that I’ll be spending around two weeks in auchterader at some point baround May and June. I will have most of the day to myself too so will be looking for road route ideas in the main but might be able to take the fat bike too for some off road exploring.

Never been but hopefully there will be plenty of options…

ianfitz
    Free Member

Saturday 28th is the start. Blue dots will be on track leaders.

Not sure if it’s harder work to ride or sit-watch. Will feed back afterwards…

😉

epicyclo

ianfitz – Member
    Saturday 28th is the start. Blue dots will be on track leaders.

Good luck. 🙂

st66

I’ve got a C2C from Fort William to Stonehaven planned for May. Probably take 4 days with camping gear, so hopefully the weather will be kind.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sounds good st66, Stonehaven will be a far nicer place to complete than the traditional Montrose finish. Good fish and chips, and a pint by the harbour too, happy days.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Some bigger hills – Ben Lomond, the bigger stuff at Kinlochleven and Driesh/Mayar/Kilbo/Jocks road for starters.

Too easy to just keep going back to the tweed valley tbh!

Pretty much what I want to avoid. It’s too easy to do this and forget that there is so much good riding that isn’t in the valley.

whitestone
    Free Member

Cairngorm Loop group start on the May Day bank holiday weekend. Not sure after that

mcj78
    Free Member

Not entirely sure yet, however i’m keen on getting round some of the nice natural routes I keep seeing popping up on here – done the Cobbler (Ben Arthur) a couple of years ago & whilst the way up was a bit of a slog, the way back down more than made up for it – I prefer proper loops though rather than ride/push up a big hill then blast back down it so i’ll need to get some routes looked up… also keen to try out Drumlanrig Castle fairly soon as I keep hearing good things about it – mostly on here – and it’s closer than GT for me.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Where are you riding in Scotland this summer?’ is closed to new replies.