Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • When I was a kid I was scared of…
  • greasystain
    Free Member

That freaky clown was looking right at me!

trickydisco
    Free Member

This scared the s*it out of me

I couldn’t work out why a horse lived in the house

mintimperial

Harry_the_Spider’s pylon just reminded me that when I was really small, about 3 or 4, I had a phase of being flippin’ terrified of the transmitter mast on Windy Hill, the one you see when you go over the M62 summit. Lord alone knows why, but I used to hide from it under my coat until we got right down into Rochdale. Weird…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have very fond memories of that very same mast with a young lady called Sarah in a Rover Metro…
    8)

I still have a smile to myself now every time I pass by.

hels
    Free Member

Cookie Monster.

My uncle Trevor (biker with a big ginger beard and tea cosy hat)

Sapphire and Steel.

nicholasnismo
    Free Member

The Excorcist and Daleks both scared the crap out of me, oh and my mates Nan who had a hairy wart on her face!

Cougar

When I was very small, someone bought me a Dougal (from the Magic Roundabout) bubble bath. It scared the crap out of me, looking back I have no idea why.

The opening credits to Tom Baker era Dr Who used to freak me out; flying through the ‘time tunnel’ that looked like the inside of a silver trombone. I think it used to make me feel trapped, like there was no way out of it.

There was a scifi drama show circa late 70’s – early 80’s maybe, some sort of ‘aliens living amongst us’ thing. I’ve no idea what it was. The basic premise was that they could kill us and assume our form, but you never saw the killing, just a freaky green light throbbing under the door as someone was replaced (or perhaps when they were reverting to their true form as well?). I think they used ‘green grow = aliens’ elsewhere too. Proper disturbed me, every time I’d see light through the crack under my bedroom door I’d pap myself. Does this ring any bells with anyone? was there a series of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, or was it Tripods maybe? I was very young so memory is hazy.

Those who said The Boy From Space – who was scary, the Thin Man or Peep-Peep?

Cougar

Oof yeah, +1 for Sapphire and Steel. Again, I only vaguely remember it now, but I recall being terrified at the time. Freaky stuff. Something about ring-a-ring-a-roses?

yunki
    Free Member

triffids… and the donkey that lived in the field behind our house

TimP
    Free Member

The way he changed used to freak me out, although I really wanted to be able to change into different animals

Bernaard
    Free Member

The entry in between my mates house and mine. It was so dark that I used to leg it the 20 yards from mine to his and vice versa.
    Now I go and play in the dark on me bike.

As for TV a Nationwide programme where a woman finds stones in her garden and strange things happen in her house inc a hairy man like creature.
    They stopped when she re buried them.

noteeth
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

photographs of peoples damaged toenails

locomotive

Look and Read – The Boy from Space. Freaky little b…..

Boy from Space merely worried me. It was the first appearance of the Tall Knight from Look and Read ‘Dark Towers’ that scared ths sh1t out of me.

See from 6m10

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzgkWLsJKv0[/video]

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Mostly the Darleks, we lived in a big house with a long narrow landing, I went thru a bed wetting stage because I didn’t dare flush the toilet (obviously an alarm for the Darleks behind the scarey door at the dark end of the landing). I couldn’t see any chance of me flushing and being able to get from the toilet to my bedroom, so wetting the bed was preferable.
    Also this lady

Mark84
    Free Member

Clowns, terrified me then still don’t like them now. Not really sure why.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The moomintroll.

Stainypants

i didn’t like the flying monkeys in the wizard of OZ when I was a kid we could only afford a black and white TV but my gran lent me a colour TV when I was 10 and the first night i watched John Carpenters The Thing

JulianA
    Free Member

The sound of piston engined aircraft flying over at night. I thought they were Russian aircraft.

noteeth
    Free Member
    rumbledethumps
    Free Member

andrewy33
    Free Member

Cows! My big sister told me they would bite me!!

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

The Day of The Triiffids and Tales of the Unexpected both freaked me out.

trailertrash

Jonathan King kinda has a woman’s mouth eh?

The episode of Dr Who where the standing stones walked about really scared me. I was about 6 or 7 I suppose.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hairdressers . . . oh . . . 😐

mcmoonter
    Free Member

LycraLout
    Free Member

then again, on the bright side

JA27
    Free Member

+1 for Dark Towers!! Scary sh1t!!

porter_jamie

+1 for daleks. hid behind the sofa

djglover
    Free Member

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘When I was a kid I was scared of…’ is closed to new replies.