• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by rogg.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What's the best programme for editing photo's to change the back ground?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Looking to play about with some photo,s and change the back ground, one of the reasons is that amazon only allow white background for items on thier site, another is that I want to alter the back ground in some old photo’s to make them funny!

Cougar

Paint.net?

kaesae
    Free Member

Is it free or do I have to pay for it? where’s the best place to download it cougar!

Also how are you?

Drac

where’s the best place to download it cougar!

Errmm Paint.net

butcher

You could try Gimp. Which is free. But probably overkill for your needs. It’s pretty much based on Photoshop.

kaesae
    Free Member

Cheers Drac, http://www.paint.net/ wrong!

The best place to get paint.net is at getpaint.net 8)

Drac

Ah but it links to it, I was going to be sneaky when I noticed and edit my post but I thought I’d let you off.

kaesae
    Free Member

Downlaoded it at cnet and donated £2.50, how do I work it now 😀

kaesae
    Free Member

Yeah it does have a link to it 😀 so how do I change the back ground or more accurately lift and image and imprint it onto another back ground.

Can I do lol animals ❓

Help would be good as I have to go do some work in about an hour!

skywalker
    Free Member

CS5

Drac
    molgrips
    Free Member

There’s a learning curve on this, you know. It’s not as easy as you seem to think.

CountZero

molgrips – Member
    There’s a learning curve on this, you know. It’s not as easy as you seem to think.

Ain’t that the truth! Although I found the Illustrator learning curve to be very steep indeed!

Muke
    Free Member

So is GIMP just as good as Photoshop with the added benefit of being free ?

retro83
    Free Member

Muke – Member

So is GIMP just as good as Photoshop with the added benefit of being free ?

Sort of, it’s good but not as good as Photoshop. I use it a lot and find the user interface tiresome.

rogg
    Free Member

There’s loads of tutorials on the paint.net forums.
    Whatever you want to do, chances are someone’s created a step-by-step guide.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What's the best programme for editing photo's to change the back ground?’ is closed to new replies.