• This topic has 24 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Whatever happened to the classifieds scammer?
  • twohats
    Free Member

You know, the one just before xmas, ripped loads of people off. Did anybody catch up with him! Just curious as to what happened?

kidsuma
    Free Member

I was stung for £45….nothing so far…

scaredypants

bloody hell, I just* posted this too

*just after you, that is 😳

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yeah it all went quiet after the great forum hack. Lucky for him!

Last i heard was he was in St Helens on the IW, not far from me if help still required?

terrahawk
    Free Member

which one? I thought I’d been scammed, until I unearthed the little tw4t’s phone number and had a chat…

then I got the wheels posted to me in a binbag.

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

The Will-JC one…

Some folk have got money abck from paypal, others (myself inc) had paypal very generously find in our favour, but with no funds left in his account we get diddly…

I don’t know where ‘we’ are with the police. Las tI heard they seemed to think paypal would cough up everyone and so no actual theft… However, this is clearly not the case…

Terrahawk, if you have the above person’s no’ please pass it on… There are a few of us who’s like a chat with him still…

terrahawk
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s the same one. “mine” was called Charles and he still owes me a tenner.
    No worries though, our paths will cross soon enough.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I missed all this, do tell?

ton

terra, need some persuasion with you. £10 a hour 😀

Swayndo
    Free Member

Then there was guy called Karl Jackson (or the Caldera Kid) a while back. Mind of him?

He stung me for £30 or so but did others for hundreds.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

perhaps you could persuade our nice friends at “evil zone” to hack him up, so to speak.

MrNutt
    Free Member

thats shit, I’ve bought loads of stuff off of the classifieds and never been disappointed or stitched up, was this cretin a regular poster? the name’s not familiar to me.

waihiboy
    Free Member

wasnt ‘bustafajones’ dodgy?

sorry if your him an you were legit 😉

joe1983
    Free Member

Swayndo – was ‘Karl Jackson’ a welsh fella by any chance? Only there is a bloke called ‘Karl Williams’ who seems to have stitched up a load of people on another biking forum

stevomcd
    Free Member

I think most people who did business with bustafajones got what they paid for. It was the fact that he seemed to have a never-ending supply of high-end, used bike parts that was dodgy…

scaredypants

joe1983

karl williams *I think* was AKA “aggressor” – he was the 1st big classifieds scammer I heard of (maybe about 4-5 yrs ago). Pretty sure he was in wales somewhere

Swayndo
    Free Member

Ah yes it was Williams … I have a Karl Jackson suit!!

bustafajones
    Free Member

I was slow but not dodgy!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i did receive some gear from karl williams but some is currently in a parcelfarce warehouse somewhere on gods green earth – he’s been in touch though and a claim is pending so not panicing at the mo….fingers crossed!

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Yes I’m a victim of the scumbag will_jc. Lost £160 to him.

Paypal found in my favor no refund though.

Last chance saloon is visa protection but the bank said it’s a bit of a grey area.

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

The trouble is my paypal account takes straight out from my bank account not visa.. but I’ll contact them and see what they suggest about getting me my £180.00 back!

Any news on the coppers, or even STW ‘aiding’ them by giving the police the scumbag’s ISP details?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Its a shame most of the info / posts by this user have been lost in the forum Hack alst year. Unless it can be recovered?

uplink
    Free Member

Can’t you raise a Small Claims Courts’ action against him?

I think he’ll be obliged to attend your local County court – if he fails to turn up or loses you can then apply to have the bailiffs sent in

shouldn’t cost too much

takisawa2

Registered for 2 weeks & he’d got £1500 worth of “desirable” stuff to sell…
    Dodgy as hell.

Hope all those he scammed get their dosh back though, as its a crap thing to do.

Taff
    Free Member

I was slow but not dodgy!

you ring a bell with me… think I was slower paying than receiving but had no probs with you

EDIT: that’s not meant to sounds dodgy

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Whatever happened to the classifieds scammer?’ is closed to new replies.