Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • What would be your mundane superpower?
  • arrpee
    Free Member

I’ll leave it to you to decide where the “mundane” boundary lies.

For me, it would be a toss-up between the following:

1. The ability to induce my 4-year-old to enthusiastically eat any foodstuff placed in front of her.

2. Produce multiple independent copies of myself. Not to take over the world or anything, just to help out with housework, DIY jobs’n’stuff.

3. Tele-farting – The ability to have every fart I produce disappear into a mini-wormhole and emerge immediately beneath the nose of the person of my choosing, anywhere in the world.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Ability to fix bike creaks instantly using the power of my mind.

chvck
    Free Member

Being able to manual

stewartc
    Free Member

The ability to figure out the weight of luggage to within the nearest 1kg by simply carrying it.

everyone
    Free Member

All gears on the bike I’m riding are indexed perfectly (including front mechs) so there’s no rubbing/jumping/clicking etc.

TheBrick
    Free Member

The ability to do ricochet shots into the bin. The ability to unlock alkward locks that you have to fiddle with first time everytime.

Spin
    Free Member

1. The ability to go to sleep instantly.
    2. The ability to void my bowels at my chosen time not when they decide.

binners

When I wake up in the morning, overnight my internal organs have created the perfect conditions so that I can do a continuously toned, rasping fart that can last up to ten seconds.

Think of the sound of someone slowly tearing a heavy velvet curtain. Its like that.

fasthaggis

To have all the clothes in the house ,washed,ironed and put away by themselves in a Mary Poppins style.

antigee

[roadie]pass me too close and you wet yourself[/roadie]

IHN

I already have it; I am Volumeman. With a single glance, I can identify the perfect size of plastic container to hold and freeze the leftover portion of whatever has been cooked for tonight’s dinner. Pasta, pasta sauce, curry, risotto, casserole, anything.

Cower before me, mortals.

thv3
    Free Member

1. I’d like to have the ability to sense accurate delivery information, knowing the exact time the delivery will arrive within its 7am to 9pm window.
    Would also be good to sense it when considering ordering, so I could order something knowing if it would arrive in time!

2. Other option is “The Teflon MTBer”, mud/dirt doesn’t stick to me or the bike, no cleaning required!

convert

The ability to do tedious, menial tasks and not notice – like put your body and mind into autohelm mode and have a little living room with a sofa and TV screen inside your head you can retreat into whilst the work gets done and a little alarm goes off to tell you when its safe to come back out. The amount of time I spend procrastinating to avoid tedious, menial tasks is stupendous – I’d be the most productive bloke ever!

Harry_the_Spider

I can guess the weight of a banana (+/- 5%) just by looking at it.

stumpy01

The ability to instantly commute to work (and back). I’d save loads on car running costs & would have loads more time to do proper stuff.

igm

Ability to have an instant genuinely witty response at all times.

Preferably with a choice of cutting or supportive of which I would make the right choice.

It’s not going to happen.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The ability to put children on Pause, Mute or Standby. Just like the telly.

nickc

The ability to phone some-one and have them a) be at the end of the phone and b) speak to me…

perchypanther
    Free Member

OOOoooWWWWwww!

OMG I eat too much and don’t move about enough!…..

Why didn’t I see this before?

jekkyl

To be able to know the location of any item I have lost.

(I recently lost my ipod nano and new headphones so just had to shell out to buy the whole lot again.)

mrblobby
    Free Member

A super bladder so that I can go through the night without having to get up for a pee.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Neutralise farts, or silence midnight parties/barkingdogs/hums/noisyexhausts.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

To be able to start and complete each job I begin without being distracted by forum posts, facebook, twitter, texts, phone calls and a leaf falling from the tree outside!!

ElShalimo

I’d like telepathic anti-pedantry powers. As soon as someone descends in to full pedantic mode, I could control their mind and stop them.
    If that didn’t work I’d use my telekinetic power like in Scanners

willard

The ability to always be able to take the correct change out of my pocket. Need money for the meter? No problem. Dartford Bridge toll? Easy.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

To make aggressive and/or dishonest people speak as if they are in a helium tank. Simply by glancing at them. This includes those I view live via any screen.

RobHilton
    Free Member

The ability to listen to Free Bird on a loop for hours

seadog101

I’d like to have a the power of minor mechanical retribution. So that if somebody pisses me off on the road I could make a small breakdown occur that will make their journey intolerable:
    Seat heater to maximum on hottest day
    SatNav shuts down or
    SatNav won’t shut up and volume is turned up to maximum
    Radio keeps switching channel, and random volume changes
    One windscreen wiper stick half way
    Windscreen wash bottle turns stagnant
    … and such like… 👿

lunge

Based on the last few days, the ability to remove tiles from my kitchen wall without a pile of plaster coming off with them.

jamj1974

For me it’s a toss up between: –

Workplace Politician Nullifier – makes every place of employment free from the kind of politics only the truly incompetent enjoy and employ. They keep trying though and are trapped in an enendless hell when their scheming has no impact or effect on anyone.

Crash Bubble. Puts me in a totally safe and invisible, sphere where I cannot be harmed from any crash.

pondo

To have a Sonic Blast that will frighten the bloody foxes off when they’re digging up our lawn without waking Mrs Pondo.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I would be lengtho or maybe measuroman. and I would be able to accurately tell the dimensions of an object by looking at it.

toppers3933
    Free Member

The power to know what my wife means, regardless of what she actually says.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘What would be your mundane superpower?’ is closed to new replies.