Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • What will you be doing on NYE?
  • chomp
    Free Member

As per the last few NYEs, we’re off to De Panne in Belguim for some Frites, kite flying on the beach then a waffle or two. If it’s raining heavily we’ll then hop on the Coastal Tram, getting off wherever takes our fancy.

Kids (5 & 8 ) love it, as it’s always very christmasy over there (not tacky as per most UK towns) and there’s a place which does A4 sized waffles which they love to have a go at scoffing.

Euro Tunnel this year as the weather looked iffy, we usually take the ferry as the kids (and I) prefer it to saving a bit of time by going under the sea.

We’re home tucked up in bed by about 11pm so don’t have to feel bad for ignoring all the txt messages from people who seem to think sending a message to everyone in their address books is a way of ‘staying in touch’.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Assuming this chest infection eases up a little: Riding my bike in the woods until early evening. Getting my caving gear ready for the next day. Then playing instruments with a mate or two until late. To bed after midnight to get up for caving.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Neighbours/friends house for a few bevvies and an array of food.

NYs Eve is the biggest anti-climax going IMO.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Working late shift then an early on NYD.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I might order a Pizza about 11:55pm and then when they show up shout “I ordered that LAST YEAR!!!!”

silverbirchdan
    Free Member

I’ll be spending it with the inlaws. Well, you know what they say, if you can’t spend it with friends spend it with family. No, nobody has ever, ever said that. 🙁

Caher

Massively hoping this ferry sails tonight so I can go mates’ live band in the pub.

crikey
    Free Member

Working NYE and then NYD.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Thought I would be a miserable old fart here and say do nothing, but seems I am not alone at staying in with the wife and son. Daughter is out working in a restaurant, so wont be home sober. Bike ride NYD in the morning, off to friends in the afternoon. Always used to be with friends down the road, but fancy a quiet one.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

working a night shift managing a police custody suite, so hoping (for their sakes) not to meet too many revellers!

NYE been “meh” since the millenium, either worked it or been knackered from working earlier that day and usually in bed before the chimes.

somafunk

Decided i’m not heading up to Glasgow for Sub Club or St Judes as i couldn’t partake in consumables as i’d have to drive back down the road so………….., heading to a mates country house/basement with my sound system and lasers n’ lights n shit and gonna get twisted all out of recognition instead, I’ve just got a new KRK 12s subwoofer this morning from a sale nd it sounds massive so its gonna be a good night………. big fish…little fish,,,cardboard box…etc…etc…. 😀

gordimhor

Working too,oh joy will be home in time to watch the rugby on nyd though 🙂

2hottie
    Free Member

Watching the Adelaide Strikers play the Perth Scorchers in the Big Bash T20 cricket league at the Adelaide Oval. I’ll still be drinking beer just in a stadium rather than a pub… I think i’ll see in the new year sat on the train on the way home.. Bike ride on NYD or if hungover a swim in the sea.

NZCol

Sitting outside the camper van in the setting sun on a packed, happy campsite on the east cape of the north island. Big day of swims, 4h ride and baby wrangling. Few beers, some champers and an early night hopefully

piemonster

After one too many Sloe Gins last night, I’ll be sleeping.

Alcopop
    Free Member

having a few friends round the bar opens shortly 😆

Drac

Working but only until 7 tonight (haha finishing on time what a joke) then back in tomorrow. That said tomorrow is overtime at double rate, new toys for me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bbq with the folks as they are over here and thankfully leaving on the 2nd. Hopefully mates down the road pop round to help alleviate the stress.

Kryton57

After having what I now know to be a hypoglycaemic seizure on Saturday my 14mo daughter returned from hospital last night. Seeing as there is no feeling in the world like helplessly holding your apparently lifeless child in your arms with tears streaming down your face wondering whats wrong until the blue lights arrive, I shall be cuddling my kids until bedtime, then raising a small glass to ambulance crews and nhs staff who work hard throughout holiday periods and all the time ensuring our family members are safe and well.

Particularly remembering of Bruders and his post a year or so ago as well.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Night in with the OH. Movie, pizza and a few drinkies.

motivforz
    Free Member

Driving up to see mates I don’t see nearly often enough, sitting outside drinking whisky and burning wood in a ‘burner’ I built yesterday, which is shonky as hell but should be a laugh!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

+1 Kryton57’s sentiments.

missnotax
    Free Member

Quiet one for me and riding tomorrow 🙂

tomhoward

Midnight turbo session methinks.

Start as you something something…

Houns

Burying my cat that died last night 😥

bikebouy
    Free Member

We’ve just decided to lay off the Champers until we see the New Year in on the Beach, hoping that the wind and rain dissipate for at least 15mins so we can toast the year in, but we are realistic 😆

andytherocketeer

alcohol + fireworks

and a bike ride on NYD to make the hangover go away

seosamh77
    Free Member

Thinking just ignore it’s happening and wake up on new years day hangover free, would be the first time in 18 years. Not decided yet, but sounds quite appealing.

Might even take the bike out tomorrow morning early.

warton
    Free Member

family over here, wife, kids, mum, step dad, sisters, various kids and spouses. big chinese, booze, games etc.

i did christmas day too, top marks to me!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ive just treated myself to an expensive new bike GPS so, I’m going to stay in, drink half a bottle of Procceto (sp?) around midnight then go to bed.
    A sober NYD will probably be the first in 30yrs for me. Aiming to be riding tomorrow am, i want to ride a lot more next year.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Also reminiscing about the booze fueled and narcotic good ol days but now I have to “grow up” apparently so a night at the friends with the wife whilst me and me pal hog the ps4 and the bottles of left over xmas plonk.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Descaling the coffee machine and watching The Godfather 8)

grtdkad

Watching Megamind with the kids & missus while getting slowly pickled on mulled wine* !

* couple of bottles of red, quality Chase vodka a splash of grappa and one of those sachet jobs for the mulling!

Happy new year!

flip
    Free Member

Slowly getting merry listening to music channels on sky, guessing the years (im 44) waiting for step daughter (18) to go out… Its bed time girl!!!!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Drinking Jagermeister and playing off-ground tag with friends’ kids. Ice cube fight, bad karaoke, splashy ride home through empty streets. Was good.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Visited Mum and Dad as they are getting old and Mum has cancer.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘What will you be doing on NYE?’ is closed to new replies.