• This topic has 37 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mos.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • What was that chinese mobile with the great spec
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

for about 150 quid that folks were talking about recently. Can’t find the thread.

survivor

Was it the one plus one?

https://oneplus.net/uk

Kryton57

2nd hand iphone 6s?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peterfile
    Free Member

The S3?

Jiayu S3

tpbiker
    Free Member

nope none of those!

Can I get a second hand 6s for 150 quid?

dang100
    Free Member

xaomi ?

Drac

Cubolt H1?

Cougar
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Ulephone, Wiley fox,

oldnpastit

Huawei Honor?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Actually I think its the JiaYu S3 that Stoner mentioned. Is the Camera any good….thats pretty much the only thing I’ll need it for, other than a bit of FB stalking of course 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

camera is pretty ace. Doesnt like too much bright sunshine straight on the lens, flares more than a bit.

Plenty of detail, not very rich colour though, but it was a very bright, low level light morning on Monday.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Lenovo vibe p1. 5.5 inch with FIVE thousand mAh battery.not all LTE bands though annoyingly. Sub 200 quid. I’m tempted after the nexus pricing and battery sizing…

djglover
    Free Member

Jiayu S3. read Stoners post and got one. Its superb. Got mine for £117. Got my provider to give unlimited 4G data for 9 quid a month. Its better than my Mrs IPhone 5

Stoner
    Free Member

Djg, where did you get yours? Does it have to full UK rom? Google play?

djglover
    Free Member

Yeah ROM and play all set up for uk shipped from SpeMall hongkong

Stoner
    Free Member

Cheers

djglover
    Free Member

No thank you. I was about to spend £’00s over 2 years on a Samsung S5/6

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Bookmarks this.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If you’re on Vodafone; the smart ultra 6 looks pretty good. And when it starts over heating or crashing or whatever, you can take it back to the shops pretty easily.

I’ve been looking for a new android phone recently; from what I’ve seen/read; alot of the cheap chinese phones have good specs “on paper” but the performance often doesn’t match up.

HTH

I’d have bought one of those Jiayus though, if it had a smaller screen.

stewartc
    Free Member

Try the Asus Zenphone2, good Intel chip, hires camera, 2 Sims, SD slot, 32GB Memory, 4GB RAM for around 160GBP (in HK anyway).

digger95
    Free Member

Just ordered the Zenphone2 to UK, dealbest.com…can’t comment on whether its as good as its spec or delivery time as it hasn’t arrived yet. £155 inc accelerated shipping.

stewartc
    Free Member

Dig, one thing with the Zenohone2, the reinforced screen protector, it messes with the phones proximity sensor and makes it nearly impossible to deal with calls (blanks the screen).
    If you fit one cut the top section off, the bit near the front camera, to fix this problem.

allthepies
    Free Member

Collecting a S3 tomoz from the same seller as Stoner used. Thought about using the Chinese seller route but the risk of getting hit with VAT + processing charge meant that the UK seller price was fair.

tpbiker
    Free Member

diglover, do you have a link to your seller? ta

Stoner
    Free Member

tpb – I’m guessing it’s this one:

http://www.spemall.com/JIAYU-S3-4G-SMARTPHONE-MTK6752-64-bit-Octa-Core-5-5-Inch-FHD-13MP-Camera-3000mAh-NFC-RAM-3GB-RAM_g.html#

Id recommend considering getting a spare battery (and maybe even the external charger) while you’re shopping there, as it’s very handy to have one stuffed in your bag instead of a powerbank for when you’re away from home for a while.

djglover
    Free Member

That’s it yep. I didn’t have to pay any import tax or suchlike

bob_summers

Does the Jiayu s3 come rooted? I’ve taken a punt on one (from the seller above though don’t expect it to get through customs without paying) and just remembered I use a couple of apps which need root access.
    And did you get updated to Android 5?

digger95
    Free Member

stewartc – noted thanks.
    link to gearbest
    Just had to pay £24 VAT / Duty to get it released from DHL 🙁 still seems a good price though

djglover
    Free Member

Yeah the S3 is rooted, so a couple of apps I wanted wouldnt work, like C4 on demand. Might try to hide the root somehow?

takisawa2

Loving the spec for that Lenovo Vibe:-

Noble Elegant: Super beautiful body, 2.5D arc screen design, business model; Metal body, metal back cover, aluminum imports; Zircon sand blasting, oxidation, rust; arc design fit the palm, extreme narrow frame, grip better.
    Long Standby Life: 5000mAh large battery, excellent lithium polymer batter suppliers to ensure quality and stability, temporary duty not afraid, long to be redefined.
    Fast Fingerprint Unlock: Quick front fingerprint, 0.5s to unlock; Support black screen unlock and vibration feedback, easier and safer to use.
    Rocket Fast Charge: 24W high-power charger, 1 hours for 67% charge, 2 hours filled; During charging, P1 can intelligently detect system temperature and automatically adjust charge current, protect the battery, extending battery life.
    3GB RAM Octa Core: 3GB RAM + 16GB ROM, together with 64bit Qualcomm octa core, fast and furious in all tasks processing

Oh how I long to be fast & furious in all tasks processing.

bob_summers

After I bought the JiaYu I found it in a local (bricks and mortar) shop for about a tenner more than I’ll end up paying after customs dues.

Stoner
    Free Member

another twoptwip for the S3: on the phone keyboard type *#*#4626#*#* go to phone information, and half way down the page you can force GPRS/WCDMA/LTE preferred/only etc. (This sequence isnt unique to the S3 though of course) This can come in handy when you are in a weak LTE area (but strong EDGE, say) and need data transfer rather than strong mobile signal.

TimP
    Free Member

The Samsung S4 is on Argos ebay site at £139 which is not a bad price (I think)

mikertroid
    Free Member

Meizu M2 Note 4G 16 GB UK Version Dual SIM phone?

mos

Just ordered one of these iphone copies. Seems a decent spec.

Dakele 3 Review – The Best iPhone 6 Clone Yet?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘What was that chinese mobile with the great spec’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts