Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What spring weight are you using for coil shock on an Orange Five ?
  • steel4real
    Free Member

Hello,

Interested in a little sample of information from anyone running a coil shock on an Orange Five:-

1. What weight are you ?
    2. What spring weight are you running ?
    3. What shock ?
    4. What kind of sag you running ?

I’m asking on account of having a dabble with a Fox Van RC but wanting to have an idea of spring weight (12 st rider who likes about 25-30% sag)to try and save buying several springs as my past experience of the TFT & MoJo ‘Spring Calculators’ for another bike was very poor as I ended up running a spring weight 100lb higher than those recommended to get the performance I wanted.

Cheers.

jonk
    Free Member

I had a Van RC on my five last year ran a 400 spring and im 12.5 st.

gsp1984
    Free Member

On my five…

1) 82.7kg (naked baby) probably 87ish kitted up.
    2) 500 spring
    3) Cane Creek Double Barrel
    4) 30% sag

steel4real
    Free Member

Cheers guys – at least some help !

I was hoping for a few more replies to home in on a suitable figure but may be I’ll have to order a couple of springs from CRC and return the one that doesn’t seem right 😉

Kryton57

What lenght are you ordering? I have a redundant, barely used fox spring which I can send you for cheaper than new.

steel4real
    Free Member

Hi Kryton – I’ve got an 400×2.45 (It’s a 190×50 shock) so will try that as with it being a 2.45 will allow more preload than usual.

Free length needs to be around 120 – 125mm.

What have you got ?

Kryton57

S4r – mines a 450 x 2.37. So I believe it’ll fit but there’ll be trade off of stiffness over free lenght. I’m not a genius at this but I think replacing yours with mine would mean mine would be more “efficient” ie less bouncy but otherwise quite similar, whith even more range of preload.

If you interested I’d be happy to call it as Tenner plus postage, drop me an email (in my profile).

Cheers

steel4real
    Free Member

Kyrton – YGM 🙂

Kryton57

S4R – I don’t have an email from you and I’ve checked that its correct on my profile…..?

Rickos
    Free Member

12 and half stone in the buff; 450lbs spring on a Fox DHX3. Worked out at about 30% sag. I tried a Ti 400lbs but it was a tad too soft. Still have the Ti spring if you’re interested.

steel4real
    Free Member

Hi Kryton – I will try again. If not, please contact me, my email is

marcusstart@hotmail.co.uk

Rickos – thanks for the info. The Ti spring is probably going to be a tad light for me.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I’m about 14st in my gear, 500lb steel spring on a CCDB

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I use a 500lb and I’m about just over 13 st with kit. What spring did you get with your shock?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Came with the 500lb one direct from CC.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What spring weight are you using for coil shock on an Orange Five ?’ is closed to new replies.