Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What skills course in South Wales?
  • robinbetts
    Free Member

A friend and I are thinking of doing a skills course and we've heard a lot of good things about Jedi and UK Bike Skills, but looking at where they're located, it's a long way from us in Cardiff. Can anyone recommend a decent course in the area? I suppose the first question will be what level are we at, and I never really know what to say. Looking at the courses on the UK Bike Skills site, I'd say either the intermediate 2 or advanced. Basically, we can ride most trail centre stuff at a reasonable speed (I think it's reasonable anyway, but it's hard to compare) but need more confidence to hit bigger drop (stuff that's too big to role if you bottle it) and how to corner more aggressively at speed. After a bit of a google, i found a few courses, but they seemed to offer only beginner and intermediate, and don't want to spend money on a setion that doesn't really progress me and challenge me. Advice on where to go much appreciated.

nols
    Free Member

Give Jedi (Tony) a call. He does travel around, he did a course at Coed Llandegla (spelling) a while back and I nearly went on a trail centre course he did at Glentress. Realistically speaking you're about 2 and a half hours away from where he coaches

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Dirt School

Here's a YouTube link to a clip from their instuctional DVD.

Rusty

nickjb
    Free Member
    scrappy
    Free Member

sounds like im at a similar level and im also looking for a skills course. I also live in cardiff, let me know if you found a decent course. I spoke to a guy that runs them from Brechfa, & he was flexible as to what skills to go through. He's also available for 1-2-1 teaching but would prob be cheaper if had a small group who are looking for similar type of course. mail me at darren.lee.evans@hotmail.co.uk

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Not south Wales but not a million miles away either http://www.forestfreeride.co.uk

One to one isn't a problem and there's no surcharge for it and the bunkhouse is there for anyone riding/training. All courses can be tailored to suit whatever level, experience, etc … no two people are the same so there's no reason two courses should be either 😉

nockmeister
    Free Member

+1 for ForestFreeRide..Stuart's a great tutor and the bunkhouse is brilliant! Just spent a couple of days with him and it has transformed my riding.

timpol
    Free Member

Id ask Tony too. I did a 2 hour drive to the skills day and was well worth it.

jedi

tim, hope the op goes well and i'll see you soon and thank you for the recommend.

saxabar
    Free Member

+1 for someone Cardiff based looking for a similar level of tuition. Email in profile if anyone wants to hook up, share costs, etc.

ell_tell
    Free Member

+1 for any Cardiff based chaps wishing to share costs. I've been thinking about doing a skills course for a long while now but would be happy to join a group session.

e-mail in profile too 😀

timpol
    Free Member

ell_tell/saxabar you should seriously think about asking tony, i would travel alot further than that to get his level of tuition.

CampbellCoaching
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    Were a bit North up around Llandegla Wrexham however if you fancy making a WE of it and taking in some of the other trails in the area we focus on private skills courses for small groups. Check out http://www.campbellcoaching.eu for full details.

Happy riding!
    Bob

scrappy
    Free Member

+1 in Cardiff. Happy to travel & make weekend of it & flexible with dates. email darren.lee.evans@hotmail.co.uk

Rickos
    Free Member

Drop Rowan Sorrell a line – he does stuff for Dirt School. I live in Monmouth and travelled to Woburn for a Jedi day – well worth it.

robinbetts
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations. I've spoken to Tony and looks like I'll be heading over to Woburn with a couple of mates.

Blacklug
    Free Member

Rowan Sorrell is THE MAN to learn from in that area. He was leading courses at Afan?

scrappy
    Free Member

how do i get hold of sorrell? is there a web site or email?

scant
    Free Member

http://www.cwmride.co.uk based out of cwmcarn.

scrappy
    Free Member

cheers scant

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Half way down this page http://www.dirtschool.co.uk/news/2010/

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What skills course in South Wales?’ is closed to new replies.