Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What offset fork for orange alpine five?
  • Lummox

Looking to pull the trigger on some forks but can’t find the answer and orange will be shut till after the discount ends.

Cheers

sillyoldman

I’d go 51mm for less steering flop at lower speeds.

Lummox

is that what the frame has been designed around?

Both offsets are the same money so it’s really what is specced.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’d hope they put 51mm offsets on them from new.

chiefgrooveguru

As much as possible with that head angle!

Lummox

For anyone curious as to the official answer

46mm offset

chakaping
    Free Member

Interesting, did they say why?

Lummox

Nope, had to go find out though. Also sadly sounds like the bike may not be featuring for too much longer as I enquired about whether it would receive the new too tube and stealth routing. Maybe the segment has been really successful and the five 29 less so?

chakaping
    Free Member

I was expecting them to change the geometry in line with the new alpine and five.

Be a shame if they ditch it instead.

Lummox

the crazy thing is it seems that this is one of the better received models – the alpine 160 isn’t getting favourbale reviews at the mo.

roverpig

It does seem strange, but then I guess the Segment is now covering a lot of the same ground. Do Orange really have room for two long, low, slack 29ers in the range? If you put a 140mm fork on the Segment I guess it would be even closer. Maybe they’ll just change the maximum allowed fork on the Segment 🙂

Lummox

the way i saw it was, 160 27.5 alpine for smaller riders and 140 29er for taller (like me)

seems the segment is a 29” five equivalent

roverpig

That’s the problem with the Orange range I guess; it creates a bit of confusion. The Alpine Five (formerly Five29) was supposed to be the 29er Five. The Segment replaced the Gyro, which was an XC machine. But the Segment is clearly much more trail than XC (or is it Enduro, I don’t know 🙂 ), so it starts to overlap a bit much with the other bikes in the range.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What offset fork for orange alpine five?’ is closed to new replies.