Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • What music gets you stoked for a ride?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si_GuxdPu7U[/video]

😀

StefMcDef
    Free Member

As “on the way out the door” music for the iPod goes, getting you from 0-60 in about 60 seconds, this is hard to beat:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiVdtJ-cb3c[/video]

peachos
    Free Member

The Sessions – 18 Candles. From Matt Hunter’s section off Seasons.

13thfloormonk

Some of my best moments on the bike this year and last have been:

Moorland road climb (on the road bike) from Inverness to Slochd summit with the first Wolfmother album

Descending into Inveraray on my way from Oban to Arrochar with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club ‘Beat the Devil’s Tattoo’

Crossing Rannoch Moor under a snowy Buachaille Etive Mor with ‘Passover’ by the Black Angels.

Argyllshire B-Roads between Kilmore and Connel to the sounds of ‘Your Pretty face is going to Hell’ by Iggy Pop.

Music and road bikes is one of life’s greatest combinations I reckon.

jonb
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered to find the link but there are rules about music and riding, don’t.

I never really got the idea of getting “stoked for anything”. Even when I was doing some fairly hard kayaking (waterfalls etc.) I always found I prefered to relax than get physched up. So if anything I pick relaxed music.

I don’t like listing to music while riding. I prefer the sounds of my bike and nature, it’s part of why I’m there. When I really want to push myself racing I find that music makes it hard to concentrate on technique which is where I find most extra speed.

13thfloormonk

I can’t be bothered to find the link but there are rules about music and riding, don’t.

Those will be the rules which were written as a joke, yes? The same ones that implore you to maintain your tan lines all year round and only wear specific brands of sock? 😀

I’ll continue riding with music, i can say with little exaggeration that it has delivered some of the biggest ‘highs’ I’ve had on a bike.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Professor Elemental – “I don’t like your tweed sir!’ 😀
    Genius

loneomen
    Free Member

Cheers for all the suggestions, just downloaded a few of them on iTunes, pity the weathers a bit crap to be out, with the un-pedalable snow and all. I second 13thfloormonk too 😀

And on another note i can’t believe how many negative people there are on here, fair enough having a laugh about the stoked statement but picking it up and taking it so seriously is a bit far, get a grip. I feel a few replies coming on;

#StefMcDef
    I’m with Druid. Nothing gets me “stoked.”
    A word I associate with wannabe Bill and Ted bawbags who’ve picked it up on gap years? Like that infuriating upward inflection? When it’s not even a question?
    Uptalking? Pendulum and “stoked” all make me glad that Australia is such a very, very long way away#

Firstly, Bill and Ted are American, what the hell kind hypocritical use of slang is ‘bawbag’?! and i haven’t been on a gap year but i do appreciate other cultures which adds to a well rounded person IMO.

#Heather Bash
    I get stoked by coming up behind ipod wearing muppets and scaring the bejesus out of them#

I only wear one earphone so i can still be ‘aware’, so i’ll hear you coming 😉

Now armed with my spanking wick beats I’m going to go shred some knarly trails on my dope rig so stoked with my tunes that I might just pull some rad threes off the launchers while the stiffs and groms watch my sick styles.
    FIN

senorj

Sometimes music is good on a ride, sometimes not.

I don’t know about “stoked”, but try listening to
    Haunted Dancehall by Sabres of Paradise
    while riding in your local spooky woods.
    Scares the bejesus out of me!

Wookster

I have to admit I love just the noise of the bike on a ride, but in the car I do like a bit of prodigy.

hainman
    Free Member

im listening radio 1’s essential mix by snap,its 2hrs of crackin mixed tunes.its a few years ols but its a classic and luv dup cd from fantasia box set,very up-beat and keeps you going..

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘What music gets you stoked for a ride?’ is closed to new replies.