• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rj.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What length forks on a Handjob?
  • rj
    Free Member

I've finally taken the plunga and bought a Handjob. I've got a Float 140 in the cupboard that's going on it, but I need to space it down to 130 or 120mm. I know that the frame will technically take 130, but should it? Will I feel more of a zen-like contentment with 120 or 130? I can try both (and probably will), but y'know; common wisdom is always a god thing.

orange
    Free Member

if i was in your shoes and knowing my local hills i'd go 120mm, i've just done the very same on a soul – yes it can technically take 130mm (probably fine even at 140mm), but i needed to lower the front end for my local climbs plus it makes it more fun in the twisty and tight singletrack in the forest

depends mainly on what you are using it for.. xc riding = xc frame and xc fork

HTH

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I put 100mm reba's on mine, was okay but felt a bit steep. So I stripped them down and took the spacers out so they are now 120, much better. Looks and feels more balanced. Good choice by the way.

samuri
    Free Member

I have adjustable recond's on mine, it feels best around the 120 mark but I occasionally ramp them up to 140 for proper rocky stuff. The lockout is very useful though when not descending.

chakaping
    Free Member

120mm Reba here.

I was running my old 100-130mm U-turn Revs about that height all the time anyway so went for fixed Reba when upgrading to Maxle.

qwerty
    Free Member

i had qr coil RS Revs, then got some air Pikes which i run at 140 no probs, i only wind down a little for long climbs, go for bolt through if you have the option

ziwi
    Free Member

I have adjustable between 100 to 120 Pace RC40's on mine, ended up having them at 120 all the time as this feels the most stable descending and is not bad ascending either. 100 feels really sketchy…I suspect 130 wouold be too long though.

rj
    Free Member

Ta, 120 it is then.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What length forks on a Handjob?’ is closed to new replies.