Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What laptop bag?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Looking to buy a laptop bag for work. Criteria is that it must have lots of storage for electronic stuff like phones, etc. Storage for cables, power supply, mouse. Must be tough as I'm on/off planes and work sites. And comfy to carry.

What's good for this?

Cheers

binners

I like this as I can sling it on my back.

http://www.macstore.co.uk/product/?pid=10283

Its very well designed with pockets in the front section specifically for power supply, mouse, Ipod, phone etc. Its lasted years of daily use and still looks good.

When it dies though, I'm replacing it with one of these

http://www.howies.co.uk/product.php/1798/92

As I've had one of these for years which also refuses to die. The only thing it was lacking was a laptop pocket (as it was the earlier model). It now has one. Best of both worlds really.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I recently bought a new Crumpler Righthand and cannot fault it.

My laptop is fairly big so needed a biggish bag and wanted a bombproof one.

The RRP is utterly mental but I got mine new for £55 of an ebay seller – keep your eyes peeled.

binners

I should add that both those bags take a 17" Macbook Pro. So they'll take anything. The Howies bag is completely bombproof and a lot cheaper than the Crumpler. Though that looks v nice as well.

And you look like a road sign when you're riding home. Which helps. People rarely drive deliberately into road signs

chutney13
    Free Member

i've used a vaude tarpaulin for about 4 years now, it works a treat.

IHN

I've got a Bagaboo bag, and it's fantastic:

http://bagaboo.hu/en/bags/

toby1

I've got a howies Chevron – I also own a non-laptop crumpler courier bag. The strap adjustment that crumpler use is far superior to the one on the Chevron. but aside from that it's a great bag, feels really well constructed and has yet to run out of space for stuff.

There are so many options though it might be worth checking out a few stores to see what you come up with.

molgrips
    Free Member

Osprey Flapjack? I couldn't find anything big enough for my beast, til I eventually came across this in the USA. It can hold my ginormous lappie, power supply, commuter clothes and shoes and a lock. That lot weighs a lot but the bag's still super comfy.

Impressed, I am.

Splash-man
    Free Member

For the past 6 years or so I've also used rucksac type bags. Very comfortable to wear, plenty of pockets etc.

Got both of mine from PC World I think, made by Techair

Zedsdead
    Free Member

thabks people. Wow! Didn't realise there were so many options.

Rio

If you're travelling much I always used to advise our people not to use purpose-made laptop bags as in many countries it's like carrying a badge around saying "mug me". I always use an ordinary rucksac and if you're really worried about scratching the laptop (and they're usually tough little things) then get one of those neoprene sleeves for it.

aka_Foamy
    Free Member

Check out Pakuma

I've had the 17 Laptop rucksack (K3) for about 5 years now and it's been great. Doesn't look like a laptop bag so doesn't say 'mug me' can hold a ton and has a dedicated padded laptop section. Tough as houses and the straps/back are really comfortable even when you've got it stuffed to the gills.

aP
    Free Member

I always use a cotton nag (llike those ones you get from trade shows) with a wolly jumper wrapped round it. Same with camera gear.
    Otherwise it's like (as said above) a big badge that says mug me I've got a laptop (or a camera).
    Otherwise just some old rucsac or a satchel.

-m-
    Free Member

I've been using an Arc'teryx Blade for the last 4 years. For me it strikes a good compromise between being a rucsac and a laptop bag, is smart enough to turn up on client site with, but practical to hoof around when travelling.

molgrips
    Free Member

I personally don't like using a normal bag with the laptop in a sleeve, because the laptop isn't held in a central position in a bag.

There are however tons and tons of plain looking rucksacks that have a laptop pocket in, so no-one's the wiser.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What laptop bag?’ is closed to new replies.