• This topic has 4,392 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by deus.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 4,393 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • slackalice
    Free Member

What an excellent thread!! I’ve noticed it before and have been thus far reluctant to add anything of mine, however, courage plucked, breath held and here goes. Not entirely recent these one’s, I did this restoration/ rebuild a couple of years ago. A bit of pre-amble…

My mum bought this boat (Urchin) from a hire fleet in the mid 50’s, she is a traditional Norfolk Broads river cruiser and as such I’ve known and sailed her since I was an egg! The re-decking shown here took me most of the summer of 2011. A local and extremely talented boatbuilder made space for me and Urchin in his boat shed and I managed to finish, launch and get my mum onboard for one last trip just weeks before my mum died after a short battle with cancer. Lots of emotion looking at these pics again and feel truly thankful for the opportunity to have done this. Urchin is still and will continue to be a major part of our lives, she is much loved!

stumpy01

Sweet Jesus!
    I need to find some kind of craft that I can learn. Some of this stuff is awesome.

Slackalice – looks like a good job on that boat!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

High five slackalce, that is a thing of beauty.

bencooper
    Free Member

That is a gorgeous boat 😉

I made a new brass gib strip for my 1949 lathe:

And then used the lathe to machine a custom hub axle:

wallace1492
    Free Member

Piss poor compared to the stuff on here…. but an acorn shaped bird feeder:

deus

I plumbed in a sink, and only had 1 leak where i’d inadvertantly left an olive out, used plastic pipe and it only has 2 (above floor) joints rather than the 5 if i’d used copper. Also quite pleased with the plastic weld for the waste (as i’d never used it before). I’d go so far as to say it looks like a second rate professional installation!

just got the toilet (and numerous other weer jobs) to do now 🙁

nealc
    Free Member

This is the last thing I made, to settle an outstanding rent bill!

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m liking the shape of those legs!!

Nothing like the skill level of some of the stuff on here, but this is the sort of thing I get up to in the middle of the night.

Headlight trim on a bus.
    The female parts of the fixings had long since been ripped out of the fibreglass panel, so I made a little plate to take self tappers.

Does the job.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Wheel jig, and axle adaptors on the lathe. 20mm from two locking wheel nuts and 12mm 135/50 and the 15mm from some cylinder head bolts.

untitled-1-Edit.jpg by wysiwyg_photography, on Flickr

john_drummer
    Free Member

at the risk of repeating myself, the last thing I made would most likely be “beer”. Or perhaps “wine”.

or perhaps this:

flip
    Free Member

I made this new field target stock for my air arms tx200 rifle

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I didn’t think it was possible to make a tx heavier but…
    SR version?

flip
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member
    I didn’t think it was possible to make a tx heavier but…
    SR version?
    POSTED 7 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

No standard mk3, not that heavy, made of Meranti light hardwood. This is my second stock, practice really gonna buy a chunk of walnut or laminate and make a mega one

stavromuller
    Free Member

I’ve already posted a pic of this in another thread yesterday but I’m so chuffed with it, here it is again.

porter_jamie

these are for a mk1 golf which has huge front (from a porsche i think) brake calipers fitted and so the wheels are spaced out 13mm. This means the wheel is not centred on the hub any more. The 13mm spacing is not thick enough for hubcentric spacers to package, so this screws onto the halfshaft threads and keeps the wheel concentric. the cross hole is to allow you to tighten it. Quite chuffed actually with this and the owner is driving the car around cadwell as i type and reports they are working well.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Wow. I feel properly useless when I look at some of the amazing things people are able to do.

flip
    Free Member

stavromuller excellent work!

hora
    Free Member

slackalice – Very very nice. I’d love to glide along in a slight summers evening on that 🙂

McHamish
    Free Member

This thread is making me jealous.

I’ve been dreaming about the wood workshop I could create if our next house has a big enough garden (or a garage), and I can’t wait to make some stuff.

I think I’ll make a wooden kayak one day and post the results up here.

Possibly in 2 years time I might be able to contribute something interesting to this thread, as the last thing I made was a 600 line project schedule….yawn.

Northwind

In order to rebalance the force, recently I made this oblong out of a larger oblong:

IMG_1717 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

9.5-speed adaptor… It has a hole in it and everything, very advanced machining.

WillH

My wee lad has been having great fun today on his trike, so I got out his balance bike to measure him up. He’s still a bit short for it, his feet are a couple of inches off the ground with the saddle at its lowest setting (I bought it early as I spotted one at a bargain price… and ’cause I can’t wait until he starts riding).

So after he went to bed this evening I popped out to the garage to see what bits of scrap wood I had lying around…

The two pencil lines show the 5cm or so the saddle needs to be dropped.

20130330_165110 by W Hyde, on Flickr

Seat post sketched out.

20130330_165621 by W Hyde, on Flickr

Saddle traced from the original.

20130330_194340 by W Hyde, on Flickr

No pics of the intermediate stages, but a few minutes with a jig saw and sander produced this, in the vice ready to round off the edges with the router.

20130330_211118 by W Hyde, on Flickr

The finished article… almost. Some minor burn marks where I paused with the router while I moved round the workpiece. They’ll probably sand off but I’m thinking of painting the saddle red to match the grips and spokes anyway 🙂

20130330_213549 by W Hyde, on Flickr

The end product:

20130330_213531 by W Hyde, on Flickr

Now I just have to wait until the morning to check if I made it at the right height! In my haste I may have guestimated a bit, but adjusting should be a case of drilling a couple of new holes in the seat post. It’s a mere trifle compared to some of the stuff on this thread but I’m quietly chuffed with myself 8)

spchantler
    Free Member

Nope its a Kadett C
    (Chevette is the same shell from the A pillars back)

Oh and meant to say, Mowgli – That canoe is just fantastic, big respect for that yes! its a kadett, my first car, best £50 i’ve ever spent and wish i still had it. stripped down the front end to weld the suspension mounts up, had some orrible rust…i’d love to get another…

tymbian
    Free Member

Planters.

slackalice
    Free Member

Liking those planters Tymbian! Especially for not showing the fastenings. Sweet.

tymbian
    Free Member

@ slackalice…thanks for the kudos. loving your boat resto also. What a lovely moment that must of been getting your mum to ride/ sail on her. V.warming.

tymbian
    Free Member

Not the last but one of the first things I built using timber..

Pigface
    Free Member

Chapeau to Slackalice lovely boat and Urchin is a great name. Great that you managed to get her finished and your mum had sail.

Mattbike

Made this over the weekend.

tomlevell

Quick getaway rescue bag for the lunch ride bike. (pump, tube, patch kit, allen key block)
    Sags a bit in the middle and a bit rushed but allows the bike to be shouldered on run ups easily still.

Lunch explore by tomlevell, on Flickr

stevied
    Free Member

Here’s the last couple of things I’ve made:
    A new helmet light casing (need some LED’s to finish it)

A new bike rack for the car (fits on the roof rails and clamps through the dropouts to keep the bike lower and safer)

saxabar
    Free Member

Just had the gratis copies for this through.

http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415519557/

sargey

[img]http://[/img]Made this to carry toys etc.

29erKeith
    Free Member

It’s not mine it’s my brothers, he’s put an amazing amount of work into it though, I love checking out progress whenever I go round and can’t wait to drive it.
    Not to everyone’s taste I’m sure, I’d have a done some of it different myself (had I the skills he has that is). Still work in progress too, started out as a rotten Mini Traveller but will be a fire breathing 1.8VTech Turbo with 300 ish BHP mini Van, road legal track day\show car.
    Fingers crossed it’ll be done this year. It’s a bit Mad Max at the moment but should be a bit! less so once finished.

I think it will officially be classed as Flashy puts it “Bat Shit Mental” to drive

AlexSimon

Missed a couple of pages of this.
    Some amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Bunnyhop

Just to balance out all the manly things, I made some scatter cushion covers this morning.

Was just wondering where ourmaninthenorth has gone.

footflaps

tymbian – what size timbers are those in the planters?

eugeo81
    Free Member

neilb67 – I used to be involved in the running of Time Attack in its early days with Glen – cool car btw!

Anyway this is what i’ve been making the last month bit by bit… my very own FPV Quad.

orangeboy
    Free Member

That mini looks like its going to be very mental
    One of the most scared moments I’ve had was in a red top mini

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 4,393 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.