• This topic has 4,407 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by kayak23.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 4,408 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

I built these over the last few weekends, about 18 steps so probably another 80 or so to do before spring. These were the tricky ones though – a very steep slope so a lot of digging and back-filling, plus flexi-coil/pea-gravel drains and each tread on a bed of pea-gravel to help drain water away.
    Back filled with brick-bat/broken concrete, then crush-and-run and I’ll top them off with a decorative self-binding grit in spring.

Hard graft but very satisfying… 😀

feenster
    Free Member

A Christmas beer. I called it Reindeer Wee.

chiefgrooveguru

This:

wobbem
    Free Member

I love this thread.

takisawa2

I designed this.
    It weighs half a tonne, generates about 30 tonnes of force from 60psi & lives a nuclear power plant.

IMAG0030 by pten2106, on Flickr

AlexSimon

blimey! 😯

takisawa2

Theoretically, you could work it with a bike pump. Would take a while though.

porter_jamie

i love the indiana jones style wooden box too!

porter_jamie

custom adjustable offset footrest hanger plates for an sv650

kayak23

A pair of floor lights. Oak and aluminum, made to accommodate an Ikea cheap lamp fitting.

oxforddan
    Free Member

I handmade and fitted this kitchen just before christmas in the Cotswolds. They should have their granite work surfaces fitted now.

firestarter
    Free Member

Man there are some clever people on here, all I can do with any degree of skill is fire a gun and a hose 🙁 must learn to do something constructive. I need a new kitchen, electrics doing in house and the windows too

Porter Jamie some great stuff there I’d love a machine like that I could have alsorts of bits for my motorbike 😉

br
    Free Member

Kitchen looks brill and I like the ‘chimney’, we’re looking at doing something similar over our AGA (when I’ve moved it…). Is it just a false ‘breast’?

porter_jamie

the kitchen is amazing!

oxforddan
    Free Member

Yea a false breast. It does house an extractor and down lights. I do a lot of variations of these.email me and I will send some pics over for inspiration.

kiwijohn

New balcony rail.

Not the most impressive on here, but pretty good for a complete amateur.
    Just have to paint it now.

Mowgli
    Free Member

oxforddan
    Free Member

That is very impressive mowgli

stavromuller
    Free Member

That is a thing of infinite beauty mowgli :mrgreen:

Daniel
    Free Member

grahamt1980

Finished this a week ago, got a couple of minor things I want to add but nothing structural. The arch is totally free standing and the other section is mounted to the external piers for the old lintel. Bit difficult to describe the shape of it as I haven’t got any pics that help

fivespot
    Free Member

For those who are into their airguns on here. I have been making a few Theoben Rapid Ti bolt handles. This one is my 1st attempt at heat colouring.

fivespot
    Free Member

I seem to have stopped this thread in its tracks 😳

AlexSimon

That looks like an incredible piece of work Mowgli! Must be very very satisfying to paddle.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Fivespot, you could home ano them?

ssbnreso
    Free Member

One of these

To go in one of these

willard

Not wanting to detract form fivespot’s bolt handle anodising or Daniel’s Landy, but Mowgli, that really is a thing of beauty. I’m pretty much speechless.

How long did it take?

Greybeard
    Free Member

Very nice, mowgli.

porter_jamie What machine tools / money / skill and experience is necessary to make thinks like the wheels? I would like to be able to do that!

tymbian
    Free Member

For an idea of scale the posts are 9″ x 9″ ( 225 x 225 ) at 18′ ( 5.48m ) centers.

sharki
    Free Member

I made a bread holder for making my toast..

😀

tyger
    Free Member

Okay not made by me but truly awesome and worth a watch – enjoy 🙂

IainAhh
    Free Member

Mowgli that looks great, lovely work and finish.
    What did you use for the design / templates?
    Impressive.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Cheers guys 🙂

It took about 6 months worth of evenings and weekends, whilst I was only working part time and living with my parents. Luckily my Dad has a garage full of carpentry stuff and helped out quite a bit.

Sadly I think it will be a long time before I’ve spent more time paddling it than I did making it. Need to move to the sea! It was a nice project to have and kept me busy.

PS I got the plans off Redfish Kayaks for the general shape, but the patterning was mad eup as I went along.

Helios
    Free Member

A little game terrine for boxing day starters… Sadly let down by the awful weather stopping my game dealer getting in what I needed, but the butcher sorted me out with rabbit, partridge, venison and pheasant… Shame really as I was looking forward to a bit more practice at butchery…

fivespot
    Free Member

Yep, that bit of Mowgli woodwork would’nt look out of place in an art gallery. I’m sure if you put a few strings across it, it would sound great too 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

While I was helping Murr move his garden debris to the recycling centre in Lochgelly, someone was about to toss a load of shiplap into a skip.

Ever the opportunist, I asked if I could have it. He was delighted to see the load recycled. They had been stripped of their nails and painted a fetching blue grey. I had enough to make a couple of Versailles planters for the garden. They perhaps don’t have the Louis XIV provenance but they are fine for Fife.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I’ve just finished a bookcase

Edit~: Apart from the skirting boards

bedmaker

A skellington called Bill.
    Actually made it about 10 years ago but just gave him spruce up this week in time for the puffer.
    He was looking a bit sad with weather and vandalism.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

scones

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Turned this –

Into this –

Quite daunting at first but it was very enjoyable.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 4,408 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.