Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • What is Shaun ryder doing on I'm a celebrity…
  • rob2
    Free Member

What the f@@@?

Just turned over the tv and he’s on it. He’s got to be getting a lot of money for this surely?!

hopster
    Free Member

More to the point why are you even watching that cr@p.

rob2
    Free Member

I just turned over. I feel violated and abused

bruk

I would bet ‘Dr’ Gillian McKeith gets voted to do a lot of bush tucker trials.

I know it’s rubbish but I still find it entertaining.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

What the f@@@?

Just turned over the tv and he’s on it. He’s got to be getting a lot of money for this surely?!

I guess he needs to pay the bills, would you prefer him looning around a stage of his tits on smack?

Hohum
    Free Member

He has certainly put on the beef!

Maybe he sees the show as a chance to lose some weight 😉

warton
    Free Member

he’s earning 80K. I imagine he still owes the tax man a lot of money.

DezB
    Free Member

John Lydon was on a previous series. Who gives a shit who goes on it? Only retards watch it.

stucol
    Free Member

Who is Shaun Ryder. Seriously.

Have to agree with DezB.

bol

Retards and me. It’s the only reality show I enjoy. Celebrity discomfort, however manufactured, just does it for me.

racemonkey

Reality tv hell in our house.

I ran off to the desktop upstairs with you lot and iTunes.

Can’t stand all the has beens hoovering up tv money. 😳

stanfree
    Free Member

He Is actually the only one that has made me watch this Cack. The Mondays were ace and Shaun Is supposedly a true gent.

Hohum
    Free Member

stucol – Member

You really do not know?

anotherstan
    Free Member

…would you prefer him looning around a stage off his tits on smack?

well yeah. i certainly enjoyed his antics (along with bez) the few times i saw the mondays live in the nineties.

also, think it was more e’s n whizz than smack for those boys to be honest.

Hohum
    Free Member

Bez won celebrity big brother, didn’t he?

Maybe Shaun thinks he can do it with this show as well!

nuke

Pretty standard to cash in or sell out depending on how you want to look at it…Lemmy on a 1664 ad, Iggy Pop on the Swift Cover ads etc etc

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

‘Who Wants To Eat a Willy on Air’ with that girl saying ‘I just told myself it was a willy and swallowed it whole’ made me laugh.

Shit telly, but so what, it doesn’t harm anyone and there are other channels available.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Stop whining you miserable shits. He’ll be keeping the censorship editors in a full time job.

I for one salute the legend.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2yK-NUyAIY[/video]

skidartist
    Free Member

There was a nice interview on the radio with Charlie Brooker talking about TV Go Home being re-released. He talked about I’m a Celebrity and watching Robert Kilroy Silk pedaling an exercise bike that flung cockroaches and maggots into his face and getting upset because Timmy Mallet was laughing at him in the wrong way and thinking “wait a minute, didn’t I write this ten years ago?”

lister

I saw Shaun Ryder supporting the Charlatans the other week. He was really with it, delivered an amazing set and was generally top! He was honest about the fact that he was there to promote a new album, he’s got a new band who were very good but basically said he knew what we wanted to hear and played 90% Mondays and Grape stuff. Loud. 🙂

Him and Havers could be quite amusing on it!

hels
    Free Member

Endured 10 seconds of this rubbish* – about as long as it takes to reach for the remote – but was that really Nigel Havers ?? Seriously slumming it or what…

* soundtrack to the decline of western civilization as we know in IMHO

IanMunro
    Free Member

but was that really Nigel Havers ?? Seriously slumming it or what…
    Alas he found out the hard way that a lot of commissioning editors are also cyclists 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

Definitely the only reality show worth watching… it’s not pretentious or dishonest.. it’s just a chance to have a good chuckle as celebrities challenge themselves to do some pretty gross stuff in the name of entertainment.. like a 21st century tiswas on steroids without the cringeworthy kids..

Great television for those of us not poisoned with cynicism and pomposity.. modern psychological slapstick at it’s best.. I laughed all the way through..

I imagine Shaun’s gonna have a hard time expressing himself in amongst the hystrionics of all the precious luvvies though.. token post burn out working class hero.. they have one every year.. he’ll be the guy that keeps everyones feet on the ground during off camera late night campfire chats..

I reckon he’s looking pretty svelte and healthy compared to some of the pallid and bloated appearances he’s made over the last 15 years..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

John Lydon was on a previous series. Who gives a shit who goes on it? Only retards watch it.

Cheers Dez, I love it. I’ve watched every series so far, it’s the only reality show I watch and I reckon it’s really funny. Ant & Dec make it, though. 🙂

hels
    Free Member

“modern psychological slapstick” hate to see what you would write if you were trying to be pompous !

It’s crap stop trying to justify it to yourself – if you want to watch crap just get on with it, no need to pseudo intellectualise it. And I think I might be being post modern ironic there but have lost the means to perceive that.

yunki
    Free Member

I do see the irony yes.. I can categorically state that any pomposity was contracted entirely through use of the STW forum..

I share many more genes with Ryder than I do with Havers or Opek..

EDIT: yep it IS crap.. 2 years ago I probably wouldn’t have continued a conversation with someone who announced that they watched it.. you’re right.. but with the onset of middle age.. fatherhood.. responsibilty and the associated austerity that I’ve had to adopt.. I must embrace new things.. and my cultural appreciation must be yeasted and left in the warm to prove and rise to twice it’s size like a good loaf…
    I’d even consider visiting a circus these days.. it would hurt my sensibilities.. my sense of self and my perception of street cred.. but I would try it.. and enjoy it.. luckily no such thing exists..

It does make me laugh though..

hels
    Free Member

P.S and add reference to “bread and circuses” to above I have some work to do now

yunki
    Free Member

there you go hels.. bread and circuses hurriedly referenced..

HTH

bigyinn
    Free Member

Any tasty birds on there this year?

yunki
    Free Member

nope

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘What is Shaun ryder doing on I'm a celebrity…’ is closed to new replies.