Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • What is a truly waterproof tent???
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Thanks Edric64 – I've just picked mine up this morning

Cheers we got ours today as well ,holiday here we come.I need to put it up first but the lawn is a bit narrow!!

Edric64
    Free Member
    Houns

I went to put it up and it started to rain, i hope it isn't a sign

Goes up nice and easy – Lay groundsheet out, lay main part over the top, thread through the 3 poles, stand up, peg top bit to ground, straighten groundsheet out, peg that then do internals

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Long term Macpac user here, same as someone up above. Never let me down.

Edric64
    Free Member

Cheers Houns I am glad it goes up easily(cue double entendre)

matt_outandabout

My macpac is 15 years old and still going strong, having been battered to bits. I have two other colleages with same tent, and same experience.
    We have old Terra Nova Quasars and Ultra Quasars at work – strong in wind, but damn heavy and short on space (comparatively), we have Terra Nova Voyagers (lighter, but not as strong in winds and again short on space) staff also have a good number of Crux tents (light, superbly made, string, shame they pitch inner first) and we also run a number of Terra Nova Laser Competitions (sub 1kg!) which while being superlight and quite spacious can be a faff and are super, super light with little in the way of durability.
    We just bought 8 Terra Nova Tri-spaces last week that seem good on space and in the wind we tried them in (only about 25mph), two very cheap but big Vango Beta 450's (better made than any of the Terra Nova tents above, just cheaper materials IMO), and have ordered and waiting for two new Macpac Minarets…

You pays for what you get IMO.

lazlo53
    Free Member

matt_outandabout +1
    the first lightweight tent I ever got was a 'Karrimor International Mountain Marathon 1', a single skin tent bought for £10 from the classified ads, it blew apart during a frightening night in Knoydart. After that I got a Wild Country (pre Terra Nova) Trisar, absolutely cr*p, it was the subject of a long correspondence with Wild Country after a trip to Sandwood Bay. Then it was an Ultra Quasar, which is still good but still heavy (and poor inner/outer separation in humid conditions and nowadays used mainly for the omm pre race night). A Macpac Microlight for one man trips, probably the best tent I've ever had, if a little heavy. A Laser Light, which was light but not durable, both zips went during it's third season in Iceland. I replaced this with an MSR Hubba Hubba which is effing brilliant. For base camp, as said, I've got a Vango "classic" Force 10 mk4 which is the most rugged, durable and comfortable tent I've ever owned. BUT, for next months Dartmoor Mountain Marathon, I'm all but decided on a home made single skin bivi tent

wrightyson
    Free Member

Jees, so many opinions! **** it I'm gonna by a caravan. But which awning? 😉

Spongebob
    Free Member

I have 5 tents (and a commercial grade popup gazebo with side panels).

I am a self confessed tentaholic! So much so that I am not even gonna look at the links for tents in this thread.

I'm currently resisting a strong urge to buy a superlightweight 1 man tent at the moment. 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What is a truly waterproof tent???’ is closed to new replies.