Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • What helmet do you have?
  • yunki
    Free Member

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Just looked at the met parachute, they have the same design as the viper. Anyone had experience of these? I like the look of these helmets, quite downhilly, yet more breathable but are they strong enough I wonder?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I use a massive pink one with loads of smegma caked around the tip. It really is deliciously fashionable.

hsmith
    Free Member

ive had a fox flux for just over a year and its really comfy, only problem is mounting lights is a real pain in the arse!!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Bell Sweep-r
    Limar 909
    Uvex Boss
    Las something or other
    An old Xen
    Bell Evel Kneivel full face
    Bell faction jump helmet

Yes, i have a problem

kimbers

a sexy hexy here………

Northwind

Really like my Fox Striker… Not quite as much coverage as my old Flux but it’s much smaller and lighter, and the strap system is better.

Got a Hex as well which I use for commuting but I don’t think it’s as good a helmet- less comfy and sits “on” my head, the fit’s right but the straps need to be tight to keep it settled.

And lastly, some cheap 661 fullface- Strike 2? Hefty and poorly vented but seems decent otherwise.

matt_outandabout

Uvex XP100 – had this black un until November when a tree/head bump meant it cracked. Fits so well, I went and bought another…

Unlike most helmets the retaining / adjusting band adjusts all round (not just at back) and also adjusts up and down for height. It fits my (big) head like no other helmet – no movement at all without being tight.

http://www.bikefix.net/2007/11/bikefix-exclusive-review-uvex-xp-100.html

v8ninety

I have a 661 Recon. love it, really venty. (thought they were popular, but obviously not…)

headpotdog
    Free Member

Another happy Hex user here. Saved my head from a nasty crack recently too, so I’ll be ordering another one in the next few days as it did such a good job last time.

grahamt1980

giro hex, and a giro remedy full face.

montylikesbeer

Giro hex for me

Alcopop
    Free Member

Kali Chakra light cheap comfy

dekadanse
    Free Member

I mainly use a Fox Flux – like it best because it gives the most rear base-of-skull protection. And it’s comfy. And well enough vented.

Also have Specialized Vice (good but visor fixed not flexible and too low), and Giros Hex, Xen (which I find stuffier than the Hex and also heavier) and Phase………..they’re all loaned out to visiting friends who can be persuaded to come out on a bike!

Northwind

dekadanse – Member

I mainly use a Fox Flux – like it best because it gives the most rear base-of-skull protection.

I wrote mine off in a crash at innerleithen- bike fell on me from a decent height and smashed in the bottom of the shell at the rear. Left me with a proper headache… But then I compared it with my Hex, and if I’d been wearing that I think the bike wouldn’t have hit the helmet at all, it’d have been straight on my head. Not so good.

They are silly cheap now too.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Giro xen MTB. Giro Atmos Road. their medium sized hat fits my head just right, and they seem like standard hats that you don’t look like too much of a dick in cos everyone has them.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve an old Spesh Decibel which is ace but is starting to feel it’s years. One saved my life a few years back when I landed a 21ft unplanned jump on my head.

I also use a 661 Recon which is excellent too.

Kevevs
    Free Member

21ft unplanned jump? you mean you fell off a cliff?

brakes
    Free Member

wore a Fox Flux for a few years – thought it was a good helmet.
    then got a Fox Striker which is a GREAT helmet.
    fit is fantastic.

those Urge Engorgomatic’s look silly and must be boiling

rotten
    Free Member

Giro Xar.
    Giro carbon Remedy.
    Cant see past Giro, my last Zen probably saved my life.

skywalker
    Free Member

Met Kaos, bloody strong things. I ran one over in the car and it was still in one piece (although broken) so I bought another one.

Ambrose

Just looked at the met parachute, they have the same design as the viper. Anyone had experience of these? I like the look of these helmets, quite downhilly, yet more breathable but are they strong enough I wonder?

There was quite an animated thread about this some time ago involving the appropriate use of the foam padding and the suitability of the helmet for various uses.

I use a Xen and a Parachute- but not at the same time. Xen for normal day to day, Parachute when doing something that I might otherwise wear leg/ elbow pads on. I find both of them to be super comfy and very adjustable.

Northwind

Ambrose – Member

There was quite an animated thread about this some time ago involving the appropriate use of the foam padding and the suitability of the helmet for various uses.

Aye. Though unfortunately, it was full of raging cowflops.

Ambrose

True

JoeG
    Free Member

Uvex XP-100 for the last 3 years. Prior to that a Zen for 3 or 4 years. I liked the Zen a lot, but everyone was wearing them so I got the Uvex when the Zen wore out. I do miss the Zen’s adjustable visor, but the Uvex is much lighter. The Uvex ratcheting chin strap works well to adjust to the added thickness of a winter helmet liner.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

no helmet cos helmets suck.

keefus
    Free Member

Fox Flux for off road

Giro Pro Lite for the road

Giro Monza for the commute

Couple of very comfy but old(ish) Giro Xen just sat around.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘What helmet do you have?’ is closed to new replies.