Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • What common foods do you really not like?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I mean really dislike.. not just something you don't eat or don't fancy much.

Mayonnaise
    Most salad dressing involving oil and blood balsamic bloody vinegar
    Things with savoury tastes and fruit ie hawaiian pizzas, duck and orange, turkey and cranberry etc
    Brown sauce
    Pickle ie Branstons
    In fact, most sweet chutney type things, not not all as I recently discovered

duntstick
    Free Member

Dried 'Italian style' herbs sprinkled on stuff like pizzas, lasagne and the like…….

wee-al
    Free Member

Baked beans, but i mean proper phobia shit. If one touches my plate i can't eat anything on it. If one touched me i'd go full on batshit loco!

Anyone else know anybody with a baked bean phobia, maybe we could start a support group?

votchy
    Free Member

If one touched me i'd go full on batshit loco!

Just wet myself laughing – brilliant 😆

As for the OP – apples

Beagleboy

I don't like Baked Beans, but at least I'm tougher than them! 🙄 😆

freddyg
    Free Member

Wee-al

Similar feelings about Devil's Testicles (beetroot). That b*stard stuff infects everything it touches. I actually feel sick just typing the word. Bleurgh.

wee-al
    Free Member

😳

robdob
    Free Member

Quote of the week!!

I cannot stand cheese or yoghurt. Yoghurt in particular is the most appalling vile digusting substance in the known universe. Why anyone would want to eat it or even be in the same room as it is beyond me. Even worse are the dim-witted morons who say "you won't be able to taste it in XXXXX". IF I CAN'T THEN WHY DID YOU PUT IT IN, YOU BELL END???? OF COURSE I CAN TASTE ITS RANCID FOULNESS!!! Normally happens with "smoothies". Why ruin a lovely milkshake by putting satans love juice in it?

Cheese, it's annoying as so much stuff I would otherwise like has it in, or spinkled on the top, or melted around etc etc etc. Why is it assumed that I like it? (e.g. ordering a Burger King etc). I would LOVE to like it but it's just minging. Bleeeuuuurgggghhhhh!!

llamafarmer
    Free Member

Most salad dressing involving oil and blood balsamic bloody vinegar

Crusty bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar – so good! 😛

Oddly, considering the above, I don't really like olives much

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Haggis, but I wouldn't even call it food
    Turnips – when i lived in the country, the cows wouldn't eat them.

Molgrips – pickle, brown sauce, what's wrong with you man? a cheese sandwich without one or a bacon roll without t'other? that's like tuna without mayonnaise

robdob
    Free Member

Oh. Nearly forgot.

Parsnips.

Just typing that has made me angry. TOO MANY TIMES HAVE YOU MASQUERADED AS ROAST POTATOES ON MY SUNDAY DINNER!!!!!!!! TOOOOO MAAANNYY TIIIIIMES!!!!!!! If I could introduce a pest or disease to wipe the planet clean of them I would do it in a heartbeat.

clubber
    Free Member

mushrooms – just make me retch. Yuk.

DezB
    Free Member

Mushrooms. Disgusting, sluglike in texture and foul of flavour.

Did you see that Richard Hammond thing with the horse shit? Thats the kind of thing mushroom eaters eat. Fungus. yeuch.

[edit] yay clubber 🙂

wee-al
    Free Member

Oh also mashed potato, not sure why as i love potato in all it's other forms, even "bashed" which is pretty much the same thing, can't deal with mash at all though.

Which is a pain in the arse when you go to someone's house as they're all " ah but you haven't tried mine" then get all offended when you wont, or more when you do and tell them there's are as putrid as all the rest!

GrahamS

Cucumber. Vile.

I can taste it if someone uses the same knife to cut cucumber during preparation.

robdob
    Free Member

My wife hates mushrooms too. Oddly enough I love them but I can see why she doesn't as they are a bit weird!

DezB
    Free Member

Ketchup! I mean, I love tomatoes. It tastes nothing like tomatoes! It just overpowers the flavour of anything it touches. Horrible.
    and where the hell does the name come from?

TN
    Free Member

Ugh. Celery.
    The smell of it gives me a headache. Nasty stuff.

And is Marmite too obvious?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I'm with wee-al. Baked beans make me vomit. I will sometimes eat something else that beans have touched, but only if it's something really good like a sausage, and I can wipe the bean juice off it first.

And peanuts/peanut butter. Even the smell of them makes me feel sick.

verses

Tomatoes
    Onions
    Mayo (naise and Simon)

Prepackaged sandwiches are a nightmare as they pretty much all contain at least one of the above…

@robdob: Your parsnip comments have just led to people in the office giving me odd looks.

robdob
    Free Member

@robdob: Your parsnip comments have just lead to people in the office giving me odd looks.

Just reading your response has made me angry again!! I want to start smashing my computer up now I'm enraged…. I HATE YOU PARSNIPS

yamyamblade
    Free Member

Tuna nothing that smells like that can be good for you!!

Celery as above

Jacket Spuds Just wrong

uplink
    Free Member

The only thing that I can think of that I really don't like is mustard

wee-al
    Free Member

Yeah i hate anything that makes you think it's something else until the point of impact. Think kidney masquerading as mushroom. Or when i was in korea i bit into what i thought was a ripe juicy plum tomato but turned out to be a whole pokemon…..well a fish reminiscent of one at least. Or spicy onions that turn out to be lots of little fish.

You don't even have to dislike them normally, it's just when you expect them to taste of one thing then another taste you were'nt prep'd for hits you!

robdob
    Free Member

Marrow.

One question:

Why?

theotherjonv

DezB is the Ying to my Yang

I don't mind tomatoes in any sort of sauce as long as they are chopped / puree'd to a small size. Anything with clearly identifiable tomato bits in makes me gag

I think it's the slimy pips. And skin.

And parsnips too, unless they are in vegetable crisp form.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Salad cream
    Coleslaw
    Raw tomatoes
    Raw cheese
    Mushrooms
    Offal
    Sushi
    Raw onions

But strangely, cooked tomatoes, onions, cheese are fine

binners

Olives. Bloody awful things. How anyone can sit there eating bowls of the vile objects is utterly beyond me

xcgb
    Free Member

As a complete omnivore i am PMSL at this thread, I struggle to find anything i don't like!
    Aint nowt as odd as folk!

Bregante

celery,

radish.

Do you really need an explanation?

headfirst
    Free Member

Hooray! Now I know I am not alone in this world! I too can not stand apples in any shape or form (the fruit, juice, sauce, pies, apple-flavoured sweets,etc). Solidarity comrade Votchy!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

cucumber
    pate
    anything with kidney or liver
    mayonaise
    brussel sprouts

lyons
    Free Member

I HATE blue cheese. I tried some again the other day and actually retched… 🙁

robdob
    Free Member

My wife gets really angry sometimes as there is loads of food which she doesn't like e.g. cheese/cucumber/mushrooms/mayo/peppers/fresh fish (battered sometimes ok)/parsnips and a few other things. She gets accused of being "picky". To me picky is not trying stuff for no real reason, turning your nose up at new things and rejecting stuff you normally like but maybe done in a different way.

She really tries hard to like stuff (she has made heself like tomatoes for example) and will try anything, regularly more than once or twice (she keeps trying with peppers and mushrooms!). I like more stuff than her but still struggle with stuff. I have taught myself to like curries and other hot stuff in the last two years but still cannot stand cheese/parsnips/yogurt.

trail_rat
    Free Member

oranges – or its derrivitives !

just too much hassle !

ollie
    Free Member

Fishy/sea creature type things in general, Salmon, Crab, Mussels all eeewww!! But I do like Tuna, Go figure

Edit : Oysters!! Who first looked at one and thought I wonder what this pile of snot tastes like??

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Tomatoes

I am fine with tomato sauce, tomato puree, tomato soup, passata, cooked tomatoes.

But a fresh tomato makes me want to vomit.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Most vegetables
    All fruit (apart from tomatoes)
    Mayonnaise
    Fish and seafood
    Mushrooms
    Baked Beans
    Yoghurt

grahamh
    Free Member

Curry.
    Doesn’t agree with me at all.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Poor girl at Cwm Carn cafe almost ended up wearing my fried breakfast for bringing it out with those evil things on it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘What common foods do you really not like?’ is closed to new replies.