Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 173 total)
  • What class are you?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Take the test

I’m Technical Middle Class

This is a new, small class with high economic capital but seem less cultural engaged. They have relatively few social contacts and so not as socially disengaged.

Kryton57

I’m the same. I’m wondering already if everybody will be….

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Technical middle class here too.

Glad not to b classified as scumbag to be honest!

Guess most on here will be technical middle.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Bahaa Established Middle Class! Bow down you plebs!

I’m not btw, I’m very working class and don’t earn a great amount!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Established middle class

This is the most gregarious and the second wealthiest of all the class groups. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Enjoy a diverse range of cultural activities
    Went to university
    Are comfortably off, secure and established

Mostly it seems because I know a lot of people

lunge

Technical middle class here as well. I can see only a certain demographic of people on STW are on the forum at 7am.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

New Affluent Class apparently – christ knows how i can be affluent on my wages! Something to do with having friends across the spectrum and owning my own home i think.

tazzymtb

Elite apparently

Daffy

Emergent Service Worker – Well, that’s a great start to the day.

EDIT – interesting that it takes nothing from level of education.

Stoner
    Free Member

Do you have to ask?

Actually I would be “Elite” if I hadnt already retired …

Since when did working too hard make you an “elite”?

Drac

New affluent workers

This class group is sociable, has lots of cultural interests and is in the middle of all the class groups in terms of wealth. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Are young
    Come from a working class background
    Own their own home

But I bet I can change it when I go through the people I know socially a bit more.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Precariat… 😯

On the up side I do get to ride a bike 5 days a week… 😀

passtherizla
    Free Member

emergent service class here… wonder if that’ll change when I move into my bought property…

allthegear
    Free Member

What class am I in? 3B

Rachel

Drac

Since when did working too hard make you an “elite”?

When you think earning lots means you work hard.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Technical middle class here too.

And here.

nickc

Established middle class.

not a massive surprise.

passtherizla
    Free Member

yep goes straight to established Middle class as soon as I mention buying a house. I live on a council estate.

clubber
    Free Member

Elite er…. Wasn’t expecting that. Now, I definitely know people who I’d expect to appear there but they are A LOT richer and better off than me.

Lifer
    Free Member

+1 Daffy

Gonna go cry into my gruel.

Stoner
    Free Member

When you think earning lots means you work hard.

I was referring to an increase in your income moving you from Established Middle Class to Elite according to that BBC site. Since I get paid, like many, by the hour and so working for more time = making more money, ergo, working harder would make me an “Elite”. Unless you want to be contrary about working longer hours is not in itself working harder.

Now, using latin in a forum post on the other hand….

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We’re both Established Middle Class too. Not bad for a Son of a Pipefitter Welder and a Daughter of a joiner.

wukfit
    Free Member

I know my place

Duffer
    Free Member

What class are you?

Surely, that should be “Which class are you?” 😉

I’m an “Emergent service worker”, which i think means scum. I earn good money, but i don’t own a house or have any friends…

Drac

Unless you want to be contrary about working longer hours is not in itself working harder.

Well yes there’s that but also working more hours doesn’t mean necessarily working harder. I’ll go through and adjust the wage part based on what I worked last year, I did a lot of extra hours to pay for a holiday it boosted my wage but I volunteered for it.

Ok done it with wage adjustment based on last year and I’m know Established Middle Class. Shows what a dodgy test it but don’t suppose it’s mean to be very accurate.

CHB

Established middle apparently.
    Knowing lots of people, owning a home seem to have swung it.

Stoner
    Free Member

whether you volunteered for it or not is immaterial.

Unless you think that working the extra hours was a pleasure and part of your leisure time I’d suggest you were “working harder” at least in the common acceptance of the phrase.

If your income on a certain number of hours a week puts you in Established Middle Class, but working an additional 20 hours a week puts you in Elite, then I dont think Im stretching the dictionary by suggesting that “working harder moves you into Elite” according to that site.

Unless you insist on continuing to be contrary for effect.

EDIT:

Ok done it with wake adjustment based on last year and I’m know Established Middle Class. Shows what a dodgy test it but don’t suppose it’s mean to be very accurate.

Cross posts. Points agreed then.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The most interesting factor was who you knew, by missing out some friends I could max out certain sectors – including them reduced my score.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

New affluent worker. Which is ironic, because I’m from a distinctly middle class upbringing. Meh.

yunki
    Free Member

I am a first class.. highest grade.. double zero

Precariat – with the social and cultural status of all seven

shindiggy
    Free Member

Precariat

Drac

Unless you think that working the extra hours was a pleasure and part of your leisure time I’d suggest you were “working harder” at least in the common acceptance of the phrase.

Almost agreed. My point is the money you earn and hours you work doesn’t mean you work hard, doing a few extras hours a week when you have a cushy well paid job where compared to someone who is on minimum wage and works none stop isn’t going to be too bad. The person working none stop may be tired to work extra to try and boost their wage.

My point is that a wage isn’t really that much to do with how hard you work, I’d say it’s one of the less contributing factors in reality.

Anyway I’ll leave the thread for what it’s meant to be, a bit of fun.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Established middle class.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

FOOLS
    Youve been sucked in to believe you are no longer working class.
    Stop working and see what happens.

onandon
    Free Member

Result: the class group you most closely match is:
    Technical middle class

This is a small, distinctive and prosperous new class group. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Mix socially with people similar to themselves
    Work in research, science and technical fields
    Enjoy emerging culture such as going to the gym and using social media

toby1

Tech middle here too, essentially just a nicer way of saying a sub group of the working classes.

Nobby

Established Middle Class! I don’t think so.

I’m not sure how it works that out but it’s very far from the truth.

colournoise

Basically since I earn a reasonable amount, ride a bike and use t’internet, it seems I’m locked into being Technical Middle Class on that crude measure.

tutgareth
    Free Member

Always have been and always will be, bottom of the class, of which i’m not sure. 😆

So how do you class class these days?

I work hard in a good job and live in Surrey, own a 2.6 bed end of terrace thats worth £310K !!! yet if i were to sell up and move back to yorkshire where I grew up i’d have a 4 bed detached house with a nice plot of land…. does that make me midlle class or working class?

Edit: just realised I come from Yorkshire so that automatically makes me upper class 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 173 total)

The topic ‘What class are you?’ is closed to new replies.