Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What case for throwing an smartphone into a Camelbak….
  • Kryton57

Was thinking of buying the otter box defender http://www.amazon.co.uk/OtterBox-Defender-Series-Apple-iPhone/dp/B005SUHRH6/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Don’t want it on outside of biking but want to protect it as it rattles round a Jersey pocket / camelbak.

Anyone found anything else they’d recommend?

adilc123
    Free Member

I use a griffin survivor my otter box fell apart after about a month.

Adil.

stufive
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

I use an otterbox s2000 I think. Big tough waterproof thing. GPS still works through it but I reckon my phone is the most protected thing when I go riding.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve just got a Lifeproof Fre for mr iPhone. The beauty of this case is it looks pretty smart and isn’t much larger than the phone itself. It is also one of the only housings, that is fully waterproof. All features work great.

BadlyWiredDog

Lifeproof case is spot on ime, but expensive. Mine lives in on all the time, class bit of kit.

ska-49
    Free Member

I’ve got the otterbox commuter. Great piece of kit. It covers most of the ports. I actually spilt most of my pint onto it. Still works fine! Nice raised edge to protect the screen too.

CraigW
    Free Member

A neoprene camera case from Poundland. Works great to stop it rattling around, though probably not waterproof.

raisinhat
    Free Member

I’ve got a lifeproof for my iPhone 5, was expensive, but less expensive than getting my phone fixed if something happened to it. I only put it on for cycling stuff, but it’s great because it’s waterproof so I know it’s going to be protected even if it’s in a jersey pocket on the road bike bike.

It also means I can use the phone immediately instead of having to take it out of plastic bags or anything. I’d definitely recommend it.

matt_outandabout

Old black and white nokia with £10 credit on and turned off.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Another lifeproof case here – stays on all the time as it isn’t at all bulky and the phone is completely usable. It’s fully waterproof, shockproof, and protects against dust and snow. Great as I can now I can now use my phone / camera / GPS etc outdoors in all conditions

Kryton57

Hmmm. The life proof Fre? Looks good but gets slated on Amazon. None of you guys has issue with call quality or the inability to end a call (case covers proximity sensor)?

jam-bo

The amazon and eBay ones are fake.

The genuine ones are three times the price and work really well.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Mine was fine in terms of call quality. I recently used mine on a ski trip and had it in my pocket with a GPS tracker app running all day with no problems, also with calls, messages and internet access. I was really lucky – mine is a genuine case I got off ebay for a steal at £18 (second hand obviously but boxed and unused). One of the few times i’ve lucked out on ebay and got something at a fraction of its cost. I probably wouldn’t have paid the full price for one.

Kryton57

ah. £50 though.

Although there’s on on play.com clearance page for £20.

Any idea how I could tell that’s it genuine?

jam-bo

It’s £20. Chances are its fake too.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

an old sock ???

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What case for throwing an smartphone into a Camelbak….’ is closed to new replies.