Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What Carradice saddlebag attachement should I go for?
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

About to order a Carradice Pendle saddlebag but I’m not sure what the best way to attach it to my bike would be.
    The SQR system looks the neatest but was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Bagman support to give me?

Cheers!

hautgrimpeur
    Free Member

I use a basic expedition bagman support i.e not the quick release one with an 18 litre longflap carradice saddlebag, can’t remember which model.

It works fine. Bear in mind you need loops on the rear of the saddle for the bag straps. Not a problem if you have a Brooks B17 or similar. Otherwise the QR Bagman does away with the need for loops I think. You also need about 20mm of parallel saddle rail showing behind the clamp on the seatpost to fit the bracket.

It is well made and doesn’t rattle loose or anything. If you are using it on a road bike make sure there is sufficient room for the ‘drop’ of the clamp so it doesn’t end up sitting on the mudguard or rear wheel.

The bike looks a bit odd (to my way of thinking) with no bag fitted. Doesn’t bother me though as it is on my commuter and so the saddlebag is always on the bike.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’d go for the QR … I don’t have a QR bracket, my mate does. I once spent a frustrating 10 minutes trying to get my bag off – he didn’t.

On the day in question, we’d ridden for 12 hours into a 30 mph headwind in horizontal rain so our hands had long since stopped working.

iainc

SQR here and it works a treat

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive used a bagman. Went to SQR very quickly.

My carradice Super C is my commute bag now, but was also my 3 month tourer bag too. SQR works a treat, cant recommend it enough.

tinribz
    Free Member

Have used the Bagman QR for a longflap camper, easy to get on and off, plenty secure. the Camper is a fair bit bigger than a pendle mind.

I’d still use one for a smaller bag for simplicity, infact I have with some modifications:

They’re not cheap though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What Carradice saddlebag attachement should I go for?’ is closed to new replies.