Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What bar am I describing? Riser bar with a bit of back sweep
  • nedrapier

17-22 ish back sweep, 2″ / 50mm of rise. 690mm- 720mm, Carbon or Ti (rigid forks)

Any thoughts? On-One OG has too much backsweep and puts the hands too far back

More like the Answer 20/20 but with more rise.

Like the 50mm riser Answer AM ProTaper, but with more backsweep

Or exactly like the Moon riser but 1/4 of the price. Somehow, I don’t think asking for it slightly narrower will save much on the material cost!

nedrapier

How about today?

It’s even warmer than yesterday, so that should help.

faustus

For flat there’s Salsa Bend 2 if you can find them…just affix it higher up the steerer!
    Stooge moto bar? 17′ sweep and some rise…
    http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/stooge-moto-bar-11176-p.asp

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I was about to say stooge too, just cut it down to suit, looks like there’s plenty of room.

nedrapier

Cheer, it’s flat fronted and pulled back from there, from what I can tell. i need a wiggle forwards before the backsweep, I’ve already got a longish stem and the OGs leave my hands too far back.

I’m guessing less forward wiggle on the Stooge bar, combined with less backsweep will probably put my hands in the same place as the OGs.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Surely then you just need an even longer stem?

Looking at the stooge the center section seems pretty wide so I guess the end’s cant be much further back than a normal bar which sweeps from a few inches either side the stem?

nedrapier

Don’t want an even longer stem, it’s fugly enough as it is! 110/25degrees.

That with the Answer 20/20 was pretty good. But the 20/20’s gone on the fatbike, and the OG that’s replaced it puts my hands too far back and is a bit sweepy, and I don’t want to spend another £90 on another 20/20.

I was happy to accept the fugly stem til I saw the Moonmen bar. Shame it’s so dorrar spendy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What bar am I describing? Riser bar with a bit of back sweep’ is closed to new replies.