• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by m0rk.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What baby carrier backpack?
  • matther01
    Free Member

Have a 1 year old that I would rather carry in this weather rather than pushing a buggy through thick mud walking the dog. Any suggestions/recommendations from personal experience?

Cheaper the better…but I’d rather not drop him so it needs to be decent quality (and yes I know the Bontrager saying!)

Cheers

kimbers

Got a little life one on eBay mint

Comfy for both , having a storage compartment is useful for nappies, bottles etc

crankboy
    Free Member

littlelife the one with the rucksack quality adjustable back .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambo13
    Free Member

We got an Osprey Poco Plus.

Not cheap but does a decent job and great build quality.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

We have a MacPac one, seems to be discontinued now but the build quality and adjustment is great, no complaints at all. Will be shuttling child number 3 soon 🙂

iamtheresurrection

Another vote for MacPac Vamoose. We love ours, junior 2 just about to start using it… Very comfy on and actually nothing I could fault.

athgray
    Free Member

MacPac ones are supposed to be good. We have a Vaude pack. Not seen a huge amount of use but pretty happy with it.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Again not cheap but deuter kid comfort 3 gets my vote.

sgn23
    Free Member

Ergo is great for simplicity without all the faf of those rucksack frame type carriers. We still use ours with a nr-3-year-old. She starts off walking but then when she tires she gets a ride in this. Pretty comfortable too with good weight distribution between the hips and shoulders

bob_summers

I posted a similar thread a few weeks back, you might find some more info there http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/baby-carriers-macpac-vs-deuter-vs

Still haven’t bought one though. Thought I needed a frame type, but after seeing some around, they just look enormous. Will mull it over a bit more.

bigG
    Free Member

We went for the little life voyager as it has a removable day pack, and space for everything we need for a long day out. It’s more comfortable than a lot of similarly sized rucksacks that I’ve carried in the past.

Daughter is three now and still enjoys being carried in it when she gets knackered.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Depends on how much additional crap you want/need to cart around with you. We decided this would be minimal so went with one of these: http://www.littlelife.com/products/child-carriers/child-carrier-range/cross-country-child-carrier.html

Not got a bad thing to say about it really – got the additional sun/rain canopy for it too. Easily adjustable for all sizes (of adult too – my missus is 6.5 stone and 5’4″ and this was the only one she felt comfortable wearing and we tried a LOT!) and enough room for some sarnies and changing essentials like nappies etc.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

We also loved our Little Life Cross Country. Really comfy for me and the little one even for all day hikes and as above bags of room for kit.

When I get my self together am looking to sell ours as our boy has outgrown it now. It’s in good nick, just needs a bit of a clean up. Email me if of interest.

crankboy
    Free Member

Little Life Cross Country is the one we have .

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just to add to my comment above, we found a lot of packs absolutely massive, even on me they were far too big. Last thing you’d want is a massive pack full of stuff, just because it could swallow it AND a 3 year old strapped into it!

m0rk
    Free Member

I tried a friends bush baby premier out one day. Mini m0rk loved it, and I bought one myself

It’s framed like a proper rucksack and travelled well and didn’t muller my back

Now she just wants to walk everywhere, so I listed it ok eBay the other day 🙁 I’m going to miss our hikes for a few years!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What baby carrier backpack?’ is closed to new replies.