Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • What are you up to for the Jewish Zombie Celebrations?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Road ride on Sunday with a couple of pals. 40 miles. Training for the August London/Surrey 100.

Over Boxhill, down on to the weald/South over the border to Ruxley/Loop back to home over Leith hill.

You?

toby1

Off to the North Yorksire Moors to visit a friend, no space in the car for a bike (3 of us going), but will have walking boots and she has a Collie that loves a good run on the beach/moors/in the woods.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s my boys birthday on Sunday so I’m going to give him a large Kinder surprise (not a euphemism) instead of a present. Two birds one stone and all that.

jekkyl

headed dark peak I think to introduce my friend to the beast!
    Will likely be sunday afternoon so may be getting annoyed with too many sunday peddists getting in the way 👿

footflaps

I’ll be hunting Jewish Zombies in the Lake District….

GrahamS

We’ll mostly be eating Jesus Eggs and celebrating my 40th.

sandwicheater

Teaching our sun (2) to ride his balance bike.

Eating ham.

May take a nap.

chambord
    Free Member

I’m going to give him a large Kinder surprise

Here you go son as it’s your special day I’ve prepared a 50 mile bike ride round Kinderscout

tops5
    Free Member

Llandegla Friday – lakes Sunday 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Well….. What I’m meant to be doing:

Friday Mrs Jay is working so I’m taking my kids out somewhere (based on the weather)

Saturday were going to Folly Farm, last time down there a small male giraffe was trying to get his end away with a much larger female and bless him, he was a few foot short. I’m hoping he’d caught up.

Sunday I’m cooking a Roast Lamb dinner “hey kids, remember those fully little white animals from yesterday – guess what?”.

Monday I’ve got a lift pass for BPW.

Obviously, because I booked BPW I’ve fallen Ill now, this happened last month, and at Xmas and last Autumn – I’ve only been once fit and able and couldn’t get on the bus so climbed twice and went home. I’m cursed.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

BPW?

wombat

Mr Woppit – Member

BPW?

Bike Park Wales I assume 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Friday – Lakes riding
    Saturday Passover Seder – IIRC jesus is not a big part of that one
    Sunday- Ride with kids not sure where eating egss till we are sick
    Monday – more riding with kids and probably an epic football PS3 session

AdamW
    Free Member

Leaving to go to Glyncorrwg on early Friday morning, popping over to do White’s Level then settling into the Bryn Bettws cabins then perhaps Final Descent of Y Wal.

Then Saturday may be ‘Blades’ or even ‘Skyline’ if I feel like it, leaving the cabins and going across W2 route,. Sunday (after pub dinner in Collier’s Arms on Saturday night) will most probably be Penhydd before relaxing and either coming back on Monday direct or via Cwmcarn.

😀

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hide from the rain on Friday and fix up the BadBoy SS. Saturday ride the Ridgeway a bit. Sunday repeat. Monday ride Ridgeway a lot and clean bikes for the forthcoming week.

senorj

I’m home alone with a long list of DIY chores to be ticked off.Again.
    So , I’ll be missing my boy and fitting in a few little rides between coats.
    I do rather fancy a London Dawn ride on monday.

Coyote
    Free Member

Friday – Wigan vs Saints (My boy is accompanying the players so half price tickets!)
    Saturday – Finishing stripping my frame to a raw finish and start rebuilding
    Sunday – Afternoon at local rugby club (beer content!)
    Monday – Round to extended family pretending to have a great time.

Then got two weeks off. 8)

Sandwich

Sofa surfing as I’m off bikes for a week on Dr’s orders. Sitting is a little sore this morning.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Gig tonight, 4 days of fine hobart riding to come.

martinhutch

Family are away in Cornwall so I’m in charge of truculent cats.

Couple of short rides and trips to the climbing wall should be OK, along with gaming marathon and pizza.

onehundredthidiot

Pub tonight, off up to Angus Glens for weekend, allowed to take bikes but my favourite route looks as though it’s had snow, so it’s shank’s pony, pub lunch return sunday strip bikes for a spring clean and ride ’em for next two weeks 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

Just built up Junior C Buzzard last night so out with him on Friday
    Pick up Tallboy from LBS after having frame bearings serviced and then take Mrs C out for the rest of the day
    Sunday, early morning ride, no Jesus eggs involved.
    Monday not so early ride with Junior C as he doesn’t rise too early
    All rides will be local Mendip, plenty of trails to choose from though

thegreatape
    Free Member

Friday – Wigan vs Saints (My boy is accompanying the players so half price tickets!)

I can understand it for the away team, but you’d think the home players could get from the changing room to the pitch without a small child to hold each ones hand to stop them getting lost.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Weekend visiting family and friends in Paris so no riding for me 🙁 Its been too long since I was out on the bike, will be getting out next weekend though.

A Mumford and Sons Song inspired by Easter and the resurrection, just felt like posting it as its a favourite.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eEobPFhpws[/video]

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcx2USEQ4Dk[/video]

😉

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Friday: Dad’s b’day party with the reptiles, easy shake down ride/brick for sunday
    Sat: grotbags is having herself attended to at the beauticians so I’ll be poilicing the reptiles
    Sunday: Ulverston Tri am. pm basking in the glory of success/weeping at the hollow emptiness of defeat
    Monday: dunno a nice walk up the lakes maybe

bikebouy
    Free Member

As a pre amble to the weekend we’re already walking in deepest Dartmoor then off home tomorrow (going against the holiday traffic, hahaha) will be support HISC’s Windsurfing Round Hayling Island event, beer and party afterwards.
    I’ll be donning full Roadie gear for Saturday and Sunday, a 100mile and 85mile respectively rideout, then Monday I expect we’ll be back over to HISC for more parties and more Beers.

Good weather planned, so hope you all have a great time where you are going to be..

ricardo666
    Free Member

Off to Afan on friday, staying over and having a play about on the trails. Never been before, so looking forward to it. Then off to BPW on Monday morning, Nothing silly as that too is first time, so just the blue runs, and see what the reds are like. Back to work on Tuesday.

benji
    Free Member

Riding bikes, and like the title, interesting way of looking at Easter.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bikebouy, friend (HISC member and local resident) and a colleague racing in the RS Elite there this weekend.

colournoise

Friday. Chores.
    Saturday. Up early to ride Ladybower and maybe a bit of Edale. Out for a meal with Zoe when get home.
    Sunday. Clean bike and slob around.
    Monday. Visiting the in laws.

mrchrispy

celebrating turning down a contarct at double my permy rate.
    almost did it (setup ltd company etc) but got cold feet at the last minute. feel strangly euphoric.
    missus gutted mind, i think she’d already spent the first months billing

bigrich

seeing as it’s a lunar festival, getting out into the bush for a bit of moon action.

dday

Just cleaned my bike, nothing specific planned, but long weekend looks opportunity rich! I’ll be ready..

@jambalaya, bikebouy, I’ll keep an eye out on Sunday from HFSC (Langstone side), prepping the Dart 18 for another season!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Tomorrow I’ve been denied the day off in spite of having no work to do. Saturday climbing, sunday bike ride with the lass and Monday I’m going for a walk and a pub lunch somewhere.

JoeG
    Free Member

totalshell

looking froward to the end of lent, over the weekend I ve an entry on the MCC lands end trial to keep me occupied

toys19
    Free Member

Trying to find a balance between the pride & amazement that I feel over my 8 year old daughters adoption of the phrase Jewish Zombie Day and the fear & anger in my wife’s eyes that said daughter is going to piss off a relative, friends parent or teacher as she wields this new found phrase like a sabre of precocious truth, science, atheism and evidence based mirth.

(I’m going for pride/amazement and begging the wife for forgiveness)

Drac

Working mostly but off to Ma’s for food on Sunday.

m0rk
    Free Member

Another one with a lift pass for BPW on Monday.

I seem to have acquired a day pass for Sunday too from my wife, so maybe Afan too

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘What are you up to for the Jewish Zombie Celebrations?’ is closed to new replies.