Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What ADSL Router?
  • ratherbeintobago

BT Homehub playing silly buggers so it’s time to get a better one.

Anyone any recommendations? Looking for built in ADSL modem, 802.11n & 3-4 100Mbps Ethernet ports.

Ta,

Andy

Coyote
    Free Member

Net Gear or Draytek.

ratherbeintobago

Draytek a bit steep price-wise. Any particular Netgear router?

Andy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

TBH, the list of routers which satisfy your criteria is, give or take, “all of them.” That’s perhaps why you’ve not had a lot of responses to your question.

Any respected brand is going to do what you want it to do, be that the two Coyote listed or a large number of others. IIRC, “Billion” were recommended here last time this question popped up. But so long as you avoid the happy shopper products I doubt you’ll go far wrong.

Presumably the BT router isn’t fixable, and you can’t blag them into replacing it? I might be tempted to try the ‘give me a free router or I’ll change ISPs to someone who will’ gambit (or, actually change providers to someone who isn’t BT Wholesale).

spacemonkey

Check out the recent thread from the last week or so.

Billion Bipac 7800N here. Bulletproof.

Russell96

Whilst the Billion lack all of the features of Draytek, I think for the 7800N it more than makes up for it with its ADSL chipset which interworks with the BT DSLAM’s better, higher sync speeds and less errors, also the Billion you can leave on all the time the Drayteks I had (2600 and 2 x 2800) all seemed to slow right down after a month uptime or so and needed a power reset to get them back up to speed (nowt to do with sync speed, suspect some sort of memory leak/buffer issue) Oh and the 7800N supports IPv6

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What ADSL Router?’ is closed to new replies.