Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What adaptable lens riding glasses are good?
  • jamest
    Free Member

Looking for some new and good quality riding glasses, possibly reactive tint lens rather than removable, though these are possible- which ones are good?

DeeJay
    Free Member

Well pleased with my Rudy Project reactive glasses. Take a few seconds to lighten up when riding into thick forest cover but go clear so that they can be used for night riding too.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

+ 1 for the Rudy Project, best by far, and I have had several Oakley and Spesh.
    Also the only riding glasses that don’t fog up.

drain

I get on well with the Tifosi reactive lenses, have had a couple of sets for several years now. Pretty good value too.

sebgt
    Free Member

Adidas Evil Eyes, the lenses are brilliant at stabilising light, expensive but very comfortable,

Stoner
    Free Member

oakley ones arent particularly good.

jim
    Free Member

Yep, Rudy Project work well for me too.

neninja
    Free Member

Got a set of Tifosi Fototec ones which work and have decent optics for the price. Picked them up new on Ebay for £30.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    oakley ones arent particularly good.

Really? Why so? I have a pair of Flak Jackets with the persimmon/black iridium lens and find them to be utterly marvellous in pretty much everything apart from really fast changes of light (Dappled sunlight in open woodland, for example)

Bregante

I like the spesh adaptalite. Have two pairs, one for roadies one for mtb.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im referring to the transissions ones.
    They just dont go dark enough for use in sunlight which rather defeats the point of them transitioning for low light use. Id rather wear my black iridiums and take them off when I hit the trees.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have to disagree there. Have used mine at altitude on snow in glaring sun and eyes still felt very comfortable.

Maybe your eyes are banjaxed after too long staring at spreadsheets… 😉

granny_ring

Where’s best for Rudy Projects, are they & Tifosi Fototec any good for fat heads?

marco
    Free Member

Just got some Endura trigger which are pretty good. Only £37 on CRC too

jamest
    Free Member

Cheers for info, I have some Ruddy projects and am a fat head, they fit really well, this post is on behalf of a mate who is also a fathead. Just wanted to know what else was out there. might suggest the Ruddys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What adaptable lens riding glasses are good?’ is closed to new replies.