Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • were to get shock bushings from?
  • crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

any good internet companies sell shock bushings?

robhughes
    Free Member

what bike

Chase
    Free Member

Mojo, but do it online for free postage. You’ll pay £3 if you order over the phone. You will need all the dimensions to hand as well.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

A decent bearing supplier. There’s a code on them and it’s a standard size DU bushing. Should be about £1 each.

lowey

betd

JustRide
    Free Member

BETD Cycle components. I phoned the guys there, gave them my measurements and they told me what bike I had!!

knott4me
    Free Member

speak to dan at betd great fella.the hula hoop du bushes are exellent but do not get sucked into buying there ss hardware,this is expensive & lasts no longer than std alloy hardware,especially if your unlucky enough to have a shock in the firing line of the rear wheel .

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

BETD,it’s the only place to go……….

coffeeking
    Free Member

Local bearing supplier, £1 a pop – going anywhere else seems madness unless you’re not confident identifying the dims of your bush.

SS hardware from BETD has worked flawlessly for me.

rbmccunn
    Free Member

TFtunedshox. Always got it right for me, tell them the bike and the shock, they will send the correct bits.

righty
    Free Member

cause they get it right its not rocket science it is shock specific, not bike specific ! its a 1/2 DU bush if its a fox, manitou and rockshox are different metric sizes £1 or so from a bearing supplier 🙄

rbmccunn
    Free Member

righty – If it’s the shock bushes they are different lengths bike to bike, i.e. a fox shock on a demo has different length (and type) bushes to fit the shock mount to say a fox shock on a heckler or stinky or a 224. If you are not sure about measuring it, call someone who knows. If you can measure it and know you are getting the correct thing a bearing supplier will always be cheaper. A Tftuned kit is so much easier though. 😉

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Bushings (either nylon or metal) are specific to the shock. Reducers (or axles and spacers) are specific to the frame.

righty
    Free Member

as r3g says bushings and reducers are 2 separate things bushings you can get cheap from bearing suppliers.I’ve not yet found a cheap supplier of reducers tho- does anyone know any? ❓

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘were to get shock bushings from?’ is closed to new replies.