Home Forums Bike Forum Well that was fun – epic ride and sunshine!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Well that was fun – epic ride and sunshine!
  • ajantom

Went out with a riding buddy today on a train-bike-train ride.
    Got the train from Exeter to Yeoford, 14 miles on road to Belstone, and then rode Dartmoor north to south offroad to Ivybridge, and then train back to Exeter :D
    Probably the best riding conditions on Dartmoor I’ve ever seen, even the mires were rideable as they were frozen!
    46.5 miles all in all, and one of the best rides I’ve ever been on ;)

yunki
    Free Member

that sounds bloody lovely.. :D

ajantom

It was!
    GPS to follow when I’ve uploaded it from the Garmin.
    We hiked about a 2/3km section near Fox Tor (normally it would be a nightmare, but the firm/frozen ground made it ok) but all the rest was ridden.
    The Krampus performed admirably :)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

ajantom

Here’s the Strava of it…. http://app.strava.com/activities/47001919

Joe, the guy I was riding with, said that he’d looked online to see if anyone had done a top to bottom route across Dartmoor offroad, and couldn’t find any mention of it.
    I can’t believe we’re the first, and I’m sure there’s probably a better route :lol: some of the frozen tussocks around Fox Tor will be giving me bad dreams for a while!

ontor
    Free Member

I was just about to post about this – Cheers ajantom for a superb ride. One of the best ever and certainly the best ever day on the moor. The Krampus was storming and Bubbles (my alfine karate monkey) both performed admirably, which is more than can be said for their owners. I still can’t find others stupid amazing enough to try it. Perhaps a register should be set-up…
    Pics to follow…

ontor
    Free Member

Yeoford has a lovely station and library:

[/url]

Tom and the Krampus on top of Sittaford tor:

[/url]

Bubbles;

[/url]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Well that was fun – epic ride and sunshine!’ is closed to new replies.