Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Weight loss 1 stone in a month
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

Is it possible to safely and sensibly lose 1 stone of chub in a month? Might go on holiday in 4 weeks and don’t want to look too fat. Ta

ton

1 stone in the 1st month is easy…………keeping it up is not.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Excellent, I’ve not had a project like this since Psychle. 😀

How hard are you prepared to work?
    How much self control can you have over your diet?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    psychle
    Free Member

6.3kg in 31 days? Easy peasy with a bit of discipline and determination (well, I found it so)… lost 7.5kg in around 3 weeks through massively increasing my exercise (7-10 times a week to the gym for at least an hour each time) and restricting calories to around 2000-2500 or so. Worked for me, it could work for you? Still at 89kg now (down from 97kg) so I’ve kept it off as well 🙂

bedmaker

yes

Pieface

IMO depends how heavy you are in the first place.

If you way 75kg and are bout 6ft then difficult, however if you’re 100kg at 6ft then easy-peasy

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’m about 13.5 stone & 5’8. I put the weight on when my medication changed. I am now not taking medication at all, I am hugely dedicated to dropping the weight as it gets me down being a chubber. My goal is to be 12 stone(ish). I’m happy to be your project TSY 🙂

ampthill

WOW I’m going down really slowly

0.6 kg a weekish, but slipped back at christmas

But I’ve lost weight year in year for 2 years

so best of luck but I couldn’t drop that fast

geoffj

<nagging>It might be easier if you emailed in your weight from Monday </nagging> 😉

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Yes.

6’6 here. Started at 95.7kg after Christmas aiming to lose at least 1kg per week for next 10 weeks, in my case “easy” – stop eating crap (crisps, chocolate, too much beer) eat more healthy stuff (fruit for snacks etc), smaller portion sizes for lunch and dinner. Ride the bike in and out to work at least 3 times a week (15 miles each way), Weds night ride (3 hours), plus at least 3 hours at a weekend supplemented or replaced by 30-60 min sessions in the gym (rower, treadmill, step or spinning) plus lunch time runs if the weather is crap. At least 15 hours exercise per week achievable.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Geoff did you not get my email?

organic355
    Free Member

Ive lost 9lbs since 3rd January, just by smaller healthier portions and more excercise. I should easily be on for a stone in a month, provided I dont put on too much muscle.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

How can I get rid of my ‘Winter Belly’? It’s just annoying me now, I’m bored with it.

Lots of sit-ups?

duckman

fred,lots of sit-ups will give you abs of steel…behind your gut. 😆

Rockhopper
    Free Member

A dose of flu did the job for me, lost a stone in two weeks.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

1 stone in the 1st month is easy…………keeping it up is not.

Sounds like you choose a dodgy diet if it affected you down there…

iDave
    Free Member

yes, quite easily, and can be done safely.

RicB

Well looking at the numbers:

1Kg fat =9000 calories

Losing more than 1Kg per week of fat is tricky without starving yourself to death!

The problem is that fat is difficult to burn so your body will turn to alternative stores first – i.e. muscle. So essentially if you try to lose more than 1Kg per week through dieting alone the extra loss will be muscle and water, leaving you looking saggier and wrinklier.

Increasing exercise is better than cutting calories (min 1600-1800/day) as the increased muscle tone will make you look better 🙂

geoffj

catflees – Member

Geoff did you not get my email?

Not yet 🙁

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Ok I am going to take advice on an eating plan and exercise. Currently I’m going to the gym 4/5 times a week and swimming on the days I’m not in the gym. Doing 11 minutes on treadmill (starting slow then going to a jog) 12 minutes cycling (last 3 proper flat out) rowing 10 minutes at a steady pace, treadmill 5 minutes flat out running. In between the machines I am doing freeweights.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Geoff ygm 🙂

puntopete
    Free Member

Well looking at the numbers:
    1Kg fat =9000 calories
    Losing more than 1Kg per week of fat is tricky without starving yourself to death!
    The problem is that fat is difficult to burn so your body will turn to alternative stores first – i.e. muscle. So essentially if you try to lose more than 1Kg per week through dieting alone the extra loss will be muscle and water, leaving you looking saggier and wrinklier.
    Increasing exercise is better than cutting calories (min 1600-1800/day) as the increased muscle tone will make you look better

The body doesn’t burn muscle and certainly not before stored fat. The body doesn’t turn fat into muscle either.

I was on a controlled suplement diet a few years ago and lost just under 3 stone in 7 weeks safely and very healthily by only consuming 500 calories per day.

By restricting your intake to about 1500 cal/day and increasing exercise you’ll lose the weight.

Remember that your glycogen stores account for about 8 pounds of your body weight, you’ll burn through this before body fat and you’ll put it back on after the diet.

molgrips
    Free Member

By restricting your intake to about 1500 cal/day and increasing exercise

You may not find this possible.

iDave
    Free Member

oh god not all this again….. 🙁

Kunstler

I lost a stone a month for three consecutive months in 2009. I’m 6ft and was 16 stone when I started. I changed my diet – cut out saturated fats lke butter and cheese and no cakes, crisps or biscuits (except those very low calorie ones). I learned to savour the taste of what I did have and ate slowly – this helps.

I also cycled a lot. As I got lighter I was more inspired to ride further, faster and take in more hills. I had a pacy walk up Arthurs seat a couple of days a week.
    I’ve put half of what I lost back on since July but I’m starting to get back on the bike again. Not having the hills around me where I am at present – they are quite an inspiration. I am finding alternatives though.

Drink has probably been the main reason I’ve put the weight back on. Beer is bad for that. Which is a shame as it’s quite wonderful otherwise.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yes, it’s easy. Assuming you’ve got a couple of stone to lose. If you’re fairly lean already it’s not.

andrewh
    Free Member

I lost around 6Lbs in 4 days due to man-flu and just not eating as a result. Wouldn’t recomend it as it was rather unpleasent but it did work, although quite as well as it did for Rockhopper.
    5’11 and back under 10st again now, was up to around 10st4, going to take me ages to get it back 🙁

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thanks everyone keep the tips and stories coming.

iDave
    Free Member

I’ll email some info to you tomorrow

Zedsdead
    Free Member

You could come and visit me in India.

I lost 1 and half stone in 3 weeks!!!!

puntopete
    Free Member

You may not find this possible.

it’s entirely possible by calorie counting and eating salad and fruit. but i hate dieting and calorie counting.

once the days are a little longer in the next couple of weeks i’ll sat riding to work a couple of days a week again. the road’s too dangerous to ride in darkness. 7 miles, all up hill in the mornings 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

calorie counting and fruit etc is bullshit and wrong. sorry it just is.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Weight loss 1 stone in a month’ is closed to new replies.