Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 20.5.13 – 26.5.13 – Rust
  • Rust this week, so get out there looking for abandoned farm machinery and the like.

The rules;
    1. Take a photo of your bike with something that matches the theme in the picture.
    2. Interpret the theme any way you like.
    3. Pictures should be taken between the dates in the topic title.
    4. If you post a picture you can either suggest a theme for next weeks challenge or vote for someone else’s suggestion. First suggestion to get two supporting votes becomes next weeks theme, probably.

ontor
    Free Member

A rusty old engine on my commute to work this morning – bonus points if you know where it is!

OCB
    Free Member

Yeah, I know where it is, but I’ll not let on for a mo’, to keep it going for a bit (other than to say traditional farm-work can be tiring 😉 ).

I’ll offer this from about an hour ago, but it’s [maybe] pushing the theme a bit, other than my claim that the soil is rust-coloured …

ontor
    Free Member

Golly ocb, is that where I think it is? Were you the chap that waved first thing this morning?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

rust you say…

I’m off to take a couple of shots of my bikes

twojumpers

Rusty old pier

Muke
    Free Member

Rusty Cow

Rusty Fiesta

How about local watering hole next week ?

OCB
    Free Member

Golly ocb, is that where I think it is? Were you the chap that waved first thing this morning?

Yes, (probably 😉 ) – well, it is if you are thinking it’s towards the bottom of a hill, where a large and rather sad, lonely-looking, expensive specimen plant was placed last year to ‘welcome visitors’ (drawing in a fair bit of controversy in the process).

… and no, it wasn’t me that waved. Encouraging that you’ve had an acknowledgement from a fellow cyclist, I find most people ’round these parts to be a bit, err, shy in responding to a greeting.

“Watering Hole” sounds like it’s got potential!

slugwash
    Free Member

I haven’t got a Chu*****ffing clue where it is 😉

1930s tandem on an 1862 railway. The flat bottom rails and concrete sleepers aren’t that old, but they’re still rusty.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Some kind of old box type shelter on my local sustrans
    WP_20130522 1 by valleys boy, on Flickr

GRAEMEJONES

As a bit more of a challenge for next week, how about Trig/ elevation points or off road distance / way markers ?
    Possibly an old Muck Spreader?

[/url] image by santarocky, on Flickr[/img]

Old Barge on the Trent and Mersey Canal near Wheelock.

crispybacon
    Free Member

A rusty old engine on my commute to work this morning – bonus points if you know where it is!

Ontor – Churston Station by any chance?

ontor
    Free Member

OCB
    Think ive just connected the dots and Yep, that’s the place!.
    Going to the new place on Friday I think…

Crispy bacon
    Spot on!

rossi46
    Free Member

Only a tiny amount of rust on this recent garage find of mine.

It’s a real blast from the past! And i rescued it from a dusty corner of a friends garage where it had been ‘put aside’ a number of years/decades ago 😆

kerv
    Free Member
    mattk
    Free Member

How about ‘nettles’ next week? Might as well get something good out of the stingy little buggers

OCB
    Free Member

Might as well get something good out of the stingy little buggers

You can eat them – they are rammed with iron, and contain a lot of protein. The stems can be worked out into cordage too if you are stuck.

😉

ontor
    Free Member

Castles/fortifications or ancient history next week?

Trekster

Rust3 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Rust2 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Rust1 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Rust by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Any of the above sounds good for next week. Not got much spare time next week so trig point might suit me 🙂

D0NK

rust eh?

do you want old rust? Classic.

crane by D0NK, on Flickr

brownline by D0NK, on Flickr

or nouveau ruste, vulgar and tasteless.

nouveau by D0NK, on Flickr

Next topic, how about growth or encroachment? seeing as how the local flora has finally exploded into life and is edging onto the trails.
    (or the nettles suggestion above)

breadcrumb

z1ppy

Rust by z1ppy2, on Flickr

I like Castles/fortifications or ancient history for next week, but I think watering holes might have gotten in there first.

godzilla
    Free Member

simmy
    Free Member

Rust 2 by S1mmy1, on Flickr

Rust 1 by S1mmy1, on Flickr

chip
    Free Member

I vote encroachment next week.

speckledbob
    Free Member

Various suggestions, but watering holes was the first to get two votes.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/weekly-photo-challenge-27513-5613-watering-holes

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 20.5.13 – 26.5.13 – Rust’ is closed to new replies.