• This topic has 93 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jimmy.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Wednesday Night Pentlands anyone?
  • NZCol

Tuesdays are a std night for me on on the roster of allowable nights so I will generally be there at that time. Great ride last night, some comedy sliding and confirmed a maxxis Ikon is not the winter tyre of choice.

Northwind

I’m out for this week, resting up before the race at the weekend as it looks like it’s going to be a bastard, but I’m going to try and do a tuesday and/or a thursday for most of the winter. Mostly pentlands but some trips.

13thfloormonk

All going well I might have a bike again by November, marking Tuesday in my diary from then on!

hels
    Free Member

kennyp: it was an night before drinking related hurl, and a girl. Can’t guarantee you don’t know her !

I must get back up the Pentlands next summer, trying to get some fitness back after a few years out this winter, is a slow process. Sounds like not much has changed up there.

hels
    Free Member

Northwind – don’t believe that Map we put out that had 7 huge stages on it – that was just a wind-up.

AlasdairMc

However Colin, if you think the Ikon was a bad choice, you clearly didn’t appreciate my efforts on the Saguaros. New tyre time today.

Great ride though in perfect conditions (weather at least)

NZCol

Mt Tuesday night will now be Wednesday night as I am away today. Anyone interested in a 6:30pm/7pm ride tomorrow ?

pixelmix
    Free Member

Might be able to make 7.15pm tomorrow night if that suited anyone?

NZCol

Yep I am in for that.

Northwind

I’m walking wounded for this week so will have to miss it 🙁

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I might be able to make it. I might even try puke hill on my singlespeed. Only one of those will realistically happen.

ojom
    Free Member

It’s nappy replacement time for me so I won’t be out. Chloe is occupying much of my time.

1 whole week old as of 20:15 this evening.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

So your saying if somebody was drop off something to wet the baby’s head there’s a fair chance you’ll be in?

NZCol

Mark – congrats brilliant news. Surely an evening in the Spylaw Tav to wet chloes head is order then ?

13thfloormonk

So close and yet so far, I am no longer bikeless, however I’m not feeling sadistic enough to drag my new Cannondale Synapse through the Pentlands! Laps of Arthur’s Seat anyone? 🙄

Two more weeks to possibly have an off-road worthy bike again…

stuartm555
    Free Member

Are any of you still meeting at 7.15pm tonight and if so where?

NZCol

50/50 for me but if so would be top of Bonaly Rd at the bridge over the bypass

pixelmix
    Free Member

Didn’t get a chance to check in here again today. I nipped out after hanging around Bonaly for 10mins. Bit blowy so stayed lowish. Trails still drier than I expected

debaser

Been totally distracted by being terrible at rock climbing this year, only been out offroad on a bike about a dozen times 😳

However, I have just bought a house very close to the Pentlands so should manage to get out on some evening rides and get back to putting some effort into being crap at mountain biking too 🙂

Also, congratulations Mark (and family), and hello to Iain, Steven, Andrew and other folks I’ve not been out on a ride with for far too long.

NZCol

Ride again tomorrow night for some slippery goodness. 7:45pm Bonaly Skool.

Was up Puke Hill yest with a number of ambulances who seemed to be assisting someone down in the stream by the downhill tracks – anyone know anything ?

Northwind

In the finest traditions, it was the dudes enduro last weekend so now I can’t use one of my hands 😳 But- next week 😉

jimmy

I’ll be up for Wednesdays sometimes Tuesdays, but typically not this week.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Going to sit out tonight and work instead. Can’t do next Tuesday either due to a work thing. :/

NZCol

No worries, I’m going to try and get out for maybe an hour or so as like you I am under the pump a bit.

13thfloormonk

I’m going for a spin 6:30 Thursday night, starting Stockbridge-ish, heading over Corstorphine Hill, towards Craiglockhart, Braids, Mortonhall, Dreghorn, Bonaly and probably back into town from there, although weather and time allowing there are plenty of options.

I’ll be on a CX bike so the emphasis is on lots of pedally singletrack rather than gnarly rocks and drops (I’ve already broken one frame… 🙁 ).

13thfloormonk

Quick bump for the Wednesday crowd, Thursday night UrbanCxSingletrack anyone?

6:30pm outside Alpine Bikes, Hamilton Place.

13thfloormonk

Ah well, just to draw this embarrassingly one sided little conversation to its natural close, I’m now bailing on my own ride so I won’t be there tonight. 8)

Sore ankle which is only getting sorer.

jimmy

I’d have come along but couldn’t get a word in edgeways between yourself.

13thfloormonk

Stop interrupting Jimmy, you’re so rude!

13thfloormonk

At the risk of another humiliation…

Tomorrow or Thursday night from Stockbridge, 6:30?

Lots of singletrack but a CX-ish bias so more pedally than gnarly.

This sort of route, although possibly finishing closer to Holyrood.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/578647706

Northwind

Still out for this week 🙁

jimmy

I’m riding tmrow, starting Flotterstone way anytime from 6. If folk are riding over Bonaly way I’ll be there later on.

jimmy

Umm well I had fun on my own. Bit eery climbing into cloud topped hills on my own but kept me interested. After encountering lots of people I thought I might be the last out going down Green Cleuch around 830 when a light came towards me. I ride close in case it was someone I recognised to find it was a young girl out on her own… And I thought I was tough!

13thfloormonk

Well I discovered some new trails in the Ravelstone Dykes area en-route to Corstorphine Hill, had a fantastic but slippy descent back down to town, played on some steep cobbles, quickly skirted Arthur’s seat on some very muddy singletrack and then returned via some more steep cobbles in the Cowgate.Very entertaining!

Same time again next week Jimmy?

jimmy

I look forward to it!

bigjim

Well I discovered some new trails in the Ravelstone Dykes area en-route to Corstorphine Hil

between ravelston park and the school?

NZCol

Sorry i have been worked over this week so missed Tuesday night. Might make it out next Tuesday though, will confirm on here

jimmy

Could do next Tuesday.

13thfloormonk

Bigjim, that’s the one! Nothing worth going out of your way for, just works for me as a nice addition on the way to Corstorphine Hill.

I would like to try a Tuesday ride, still not sure of the Salsa’s Pentlands credentials, especially since I’ve already broken one.

Shall try and commit next week. Starting Bonaly?

13thfloormonk

Anything happening tomorrow night or have I put everybody off? 8)

7pm Bonaly works best for me, not sure what the usual time is.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Wednesday Night Pentlands anyone?’ is closed to new replies.