Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Was it Drop As Much Litter As You Can day at Afan today?
  • davidjey
    Free Member

Just back from an afternoon blat round Y Wal, punctuated by stopping to collect peoples’ discarded rubbish at nearly every gate.

Normally it’s nowhere near this bad – is everyone rebelling against the fact that a load of ‘Take Your Litter Home’ signs have appeared on the waymarkers recently (“The Man can’t tell me what to do – I’ll drop as much litter as I want”)???

To all offenders: you’re not Julien Absalon or Frank Schleck. You are not in a race where someone is following you to pick up your stuff. You are bimbling round the Welsh countryside. This does not make you so Rad that you can’t possibly pause to stuff a gel wrapper in your pocket.

That is all.

PS I realise I’ll be scored very poorly by the STW rant judges for this SO HEREIS SOEMER RANDON MISPLELT caps and **!*@ $!@*!!!.

scaredypants

I’ve only been to Afan once but was surprised at the amount of shite lying around. To generalise: Dutty bastards, mountainbikers

jedi

i went there in the summer, filled my backpack up with innertubes slung in trees and rubbish. bring it in, take it the **** out!

Carpediem
    Free Member

Beyond me why so many inbreeds do this. Grrr

coatesy
    Free Member

Often thought of posting a similar thread, but suspect they’re too thick/cool/selfish to bother reading it.

clubby

Same thing annoys me every year at 10 under the Ben. Gel wrappers and tubes everywhere.

project
    Free Member

and why are lucozade bottles always shoved down rabit and rat holes, crisp bags folded and stuffed in cracks in dry stone walls, and cans amd larger bottles always left half full.

you took it there full, take it home empty and recycle it

cheers_drive

All trail centres are bad for it, they attract that sort of people.
    Llandegla was the worst.

PS. I do most of my non local riding at trail centres so I’m not anti them at all.

MarkN
    Free Member

I am afraid to say that it is not just an issue at Afan. I took a steady ride round GT and could not believe the number of empty drinks bottles red bull cans. I ran out of space to carry any more down.

Pack it in and pack it out.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

The descent in Swinley is like a sweet wrappers graveyard. First ride there yesterday and thought it was disgraceful. You’d need a black bin liner to do the job, a pocket wouldn’t be enough!

tonyg2003

I was at Afan last week and the worst of the litter seemed to me to be just at the top of the black run. Although I’d agree with the other poster – it’s nothing compared to the mess that is the jump gulley at Swinley.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Tony, I am expecting to do swinley next Saturday and my new year resolution might be a black bin liner.

sofatester
    Free Member

It’s not just trail centers unfortunately. I filled a pouch on my rucksack walking the Snowdon horseshoe, a good percentage of which was left along Crib Goch. You would have thought folk walking that route would have some sort of respect for the environment, evidently not.

Think it’s a general thing really. Look at the rubbish by the side of roads, or in the high street on a Sunday morning. It doesn’t magically appear, someone has put it there. The simple fact is lots of people just don’t care.

weare138
    Free Member

Lots of energy gel packs around Llandegla yesterday. Dirty scum.

cakefacesmallblock

Sick of bringing plastic bottles out of our local patch. Oddly enough scrunched up they dont weigh much. Significantly less than they did when the thick **** carried them in in the first place.
    If you dont consider yourself thick, then sorry.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Was it Drop As Much Litter As You Can day at Afan today?’ is closed to new replies.