Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 228 total)
  • >> WARNING anyone know where 'davespoke' lives?
  • discapade
    Free Member

It looks like I’ve been done…..good and proper..! I have bought an iPad 3 from him for my daughter using her Xmas money and have heard nothing for 5 days. My fkn blood is boiling as you can imagine.. Please, I appeal to you all, does anyone know him? Or where he lives? Like I Dik I paid using PP gift, he didn’t even ask for this way but just did an instant transfer using the pp app…anyone???

Mantastic
    Free Member

5 days ain’t long. Calm down dear …..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Saturday delivery?

discapade
    Free Member

mantastic dont fkn patronise me…..ive spoke to 2 others about this and he looks like a scammer…! keep your no good comments to yourself

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Any consolation I sent out a package 1st class recorded last Thursday the 17th and it was signed for today

seba560
    Free Member

My fkn blood is boiling as you can imagine..

I’m imagining and I think it’s commendable that you’ve lasted this long before speaking up. Hang in there brother.

tails
    Free Member

A) It’s only 5 days.

B) People please stop using paypal gift.

Mantastic
    Free Member

PP gift for such an amount – enough said. Should of gone to comet

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yep i went to post some brakes today and was told the post van wouldn’t be through till Saturday earliest due to the roads where i am.

wisepranker
    Free Member

The guy signed up here 4 days ago and was selling S-Works bikes and iPads straight off yet still people send him money by Paypal gift 🙄

billyblackheart
    Free Member

A quick Search…The Original iPad advert from Davespoke if it’s the one and same

“Collection from Penzance”

Now I’m in Devon and it’s a big surprise if First class mail comes in less than 3 days…let alone with all this **** snow…let alone what the Cornish inbreds are doing.

I hope this could a mountain from a molehill

discapade
    Free Member

i wouldnt have mate, its just that i used the app like a tit..gonna speak to pp and see what they can do

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Unfortunately Paypal can’t do anything if its been sent as a gift

hora
    Free Member

Jesus hes only been a member for 5 days.

Prob bought a digital sub to give credence? STW may hold CC details?

On PP gift. If any sellers ask for it they should be reported/banned.

Jonwilly74
    Free Member

enough guys, he may not of been to smart paying ppg, but giving him a hard time about it isn’t going to help.

Bregante

He only joined on 19th Jan. premier member too.

nuke

5 days is a bit earlier to assume it’s going to go bad

but then wisepranker…

The guy signed up here 4 days ago and was selling S-Works bikes and iPads straight off yet still people send him money by Paypal gift

…does make a good point

rOcKeTdOg

Cash on collection from Penzance. Am sure that the majority of people on here are legit, but got scammed by someone who purchased a bike and then did a credit card chargeback so I lost bike, cash and am now having to claim through civil courts. So sorry, no PayPal.

hmmm

ton

buy me a pint and i will go and pay him a visit with my toolkit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just scanned the first page of the classifieds. Very few names I recognise from the rest of the forum. Lots, and lots of classifieds only members’.

I wouldn’t trust them, any of them.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Giving people a hard time for using pay pal gift can only help emphasise the risks involved. Just don’t do it, pay the extra so you get cover. Simples.

Sorry for you loss but sadly nowt you can do.

Kryton57

PP gift for such an amount – enough said. Should of gone to comet

Good luck with that.

renton
    Free Member

seems a bit odd that he actually says no paypal and would prefer collection in his ad?

would you really want people to collect if you are trying to scam them ??

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Won’t STW overlords have an IP address from this individual?

it would certainly aid tracking him. Is it worth googling is name?!?

mashiehood
    Free Member

is it not possible to ask the credit card company to reverse the transaction? assuming the seller paid with CC. Just a thought

discapade
    Free Member

dont think so mate, like i said i paid using the pp app on the iPhone and it was set as “gift”. It came straight out of my bank acc (:0(

Edric64
    Free Member

Do payplal screw you for fees as they do on ebay ? That`s why he didnt want paypal

damors
    Free Member

Captainflashheart. I’m not being funny but I’ve bought off people on here and sold a few items too. I don’t post on the main forums. Please don’t tar the honest people with the same brush eh?

Slogo
    Free Member

You’re just a trader, buyer anyway.

STOP USING PAYPAL GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

discapade
    Free Member

ive been on here a few years and this has never happened, most fellas are genuine, id like to think the scammers are not bikers, just trying their luck…ive bought and sold before using gifts with no probs. With the benifit of hindsight i shouldnt have this time but it was a mistake on my part..

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Funnily I reported that advert as a possible scam within an hr of it going up. Nothing happened. Sellers say collection welcome to add credence to their ad, but then live in the arse end of nowhere so collections not really possibly to anyone but .2%. And the fact his email address was registered this yr with no Whois data.
    Hope I’m wrong.

djglover
    Free Member

discapade = scammers dream come true

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ve bought off people on here and sold a few items too. I don’t post on the main forums. Please don’t tar the honest people with the same brush eh?

damors, Im afraid one of the prices you will have to pay for not posting in the forum is to be treated with some circumspection by some of us.

I agree with CFH, and though we may be a bit old fashioned and in spite of STW’s specifically anti-community policies in the classifieds, if I dont think someone has a fairly substantial history in the main forum then I just wont trade with them. Forum posting is indicative of, but by no means a guarantee that, there’s a chance that someone knows them in real life, and they have cultivated a personality and relationships that they value and wouldnt treat it as an expendable cost of scamming.

br
    Free Member

dont think so mate, like i said i paid using the pp app on the iPhone and it was set as “gift”. It came straight out of my bank acc (:0(

So you compound one mistake with another…, do not link a bank account with paypal.

Merak

Ive bought and sold all sorts on here, full titanium bikes, road and mtb/new frames, wheels etc totalling thousands. Im touching wood here but Ive never had a problem.

I abide by a few rules though. Im wary of new folk, (I know everyones got to start somewhere) I dont buy from them and if Im selling its transfer only. I dont deal with classified only users. Im happy to use PP gift but I use my discretion and common sense, and I always check history/posts before I make my mind up.

OP I hope you do get the goods you’ve paid for.

Buyer beware.

damors
    Free Member

That’s fair enough but there are differences for example the guy who has sold the iPad has been a member for a few days yet I registered 6/7 years ago. I know a few people who post on the forums but because I don’t post myself I am thought of as the same untrustworthy individual by a few members. I buy off here because most things are realistically priced. I sell on here sometimes because I would rather sell without all the fees resulting in the prices going up.

Anyway. I’ll leave it at that

tomhoward

Not taking sides here, but the original ad was only placed 4 days ago? OP I know you are worried but give it a week or so, private sellers aren’t shops, he may not have been able to get to a post office with the weather and the post may have been delayed due to said weather. Yes it’s cack that he hasn’t responded, but that could be due to dozens of reasons.

It’s a lesson you have learnt here, time will tell if it’s an expensive one.

watsontony
    Free Member

so back to the op. does anyone know where he lives yet?

troglodyte
    Free Member

I remember my first day on the internets….

tomhoward

Penzance. But seriously guys, I enjoy bringing out the pitch fork as much as the next guy but it’s not even a week passed.

I sold some tyres on Friday night, the buyer got them this morning, why was noone baying for my blood?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘>> WARNING anyone know where 'davespoke' lives?’ is closed to new replies.