Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Walna Scar Update
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Following my post about the JCB building the runway near the top of the Walna Scar Road I’ve now spoken to the council to find out what’s going on.
    The council have been given funding to repair any damage from last years floods so the section of Walna Scar they are repairing is where one of the becks washes across the road (leaving it nice and knarly). They do then intend on moving further up and grit stoning/smoothing out some of the knarly bits at the top (‘particularly where paths on the grass have been formed because it’s so rough to walk on’).
    It’s a comfort to know that it’s not work to make it passable by 4×4’s but unfortunately it’s one of the busiest tourist routes and one families can use to get to the top of The Old Man of Coniston and that’s where the councils priorities lie. It’s still going to be a challenge to get up there but not so much of a challenge to get down until it all washes off again in the next few years.
    I’ve let them know that a better priority would be the bridle way from Broughton Moor around Dawson Pike/White Pike where it links on to the Walna Scar road having nearly lost myself and my ride to a hub deep bog up there !
    **** me I sound like a bloody councillor !

D0NK

worrying. I was up there last week, looks like it might end up like a bloody fire road from top to bottom.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Noooooo. That’s one of my favourite downhills of the lakes!. Have the walkers not got enough footpaths to go on without ruining the bridleways ?.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    uplink
    Free Member

I was up there in June and ended up talking to a party of blind walkers

If the work is helping make it that more accessible, I’m all for it TBH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Walna Scar Update’ is closed to new replies.