Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wales Accomodation Coed-y-Brenin – Recommendations
  • tragically1969
    Free Member

We have made the rather rash decision to go to Coed-y-Brenin next weekend and could do with a nice bike friendly B&B, with it being the first week of the school hols its a little busy and all we are turning up is stuff thats £50 a night per person and thats sharing.

Anybody got any good ones that they might care to share, its the tent otherwise, in which case feel free to give some campsite ideas there too.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Tyn-Y-Groes (B&B) or Cae-Gwyn Farm (B&B, camping, camp barn etc). Both easy riding distance.

konagirl
    Free Member

What DaveyBoyWonder said. If those are full, you could look at the holiday lodges near Trawsfynydd. A campsite that is often recommended on here is Cae Du (nr Tywyn), which is about 30 mins drive away from CyB (about an hour to Nant yr Arian) but is right on the coast and allows fires: photo However, no pub nearby. The trains that run past aren't an issue as they run with buffers to reduce noise so you barely notice them any more.

smartay

As above, looking for touring park for caravan and awning, preferabley with elec hook up, and decent showers loo to suit wife etc!!!

tragically1969
    Free Member

Cheers all, Tyn-Y-Groes booked…

nickegg
    Free Member

Tyn-Y-Groes is alright but beware of road noise. I couldn't really sleep much after 6:00am due to lorries thundering by! and i live next to an international airport so know what noise is.

I stayed there Tuesday night so weekends may not be such a problem. Food was bloody good though.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Tyn-Y-Groes is good and the beer is decent, food was good when i last stayed except for a slighty ropey steak but no complaints, perfect for Coed, road is a tad noisy but we were riding from 7am ish to cut down on the heat of the day.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Noisy road? Just drink a little more then sleep like a baby!

The Tyn y is a grand spot!

loddrik
    Free Member

Tyn Y Groes is great and do nice sunday roasts. F8ck me dont stay there in winter though, it was freezing before I went riding and coming back soaked through one feb, I am sure I am still suffering from the nights sleep I had.

I do recommend it in summer though.

coatesy
    Free Member

Too late now, but Heulwen Guest House at Llanfachreth(turning virtually opposite Ty'n y groes) is excellent, and very quiet too, if that's what you're looking for.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

http://www.bikers-retreat.com/

Good clean accommodation, indoor bike storage, drying room, bar, good food, friendly hosts, etc

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wales Accomodation Coed-y-Brenin – Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.