Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Waking up to screaming and claret *EVERYWHERE*
  • Stoner
    Free Member

“Wake up Daddy!”
    “Stoner Jr Jr has chopped half his finger off!”

Poor little trooper has snipped the top off his RH pinky in a door jamb. Bandaged him up and Mrs Stoner is acting ambulance without the nee-nars to A&E about 20mins away.

I found the tip of his finger still stuck to the woodwork, put it in a box to go with him, but a 20month year old’s pinky tip is not much material to work with so Id be surprised if they try and stick it back on.

There goes his chance of being able to drink tea in polite society then 🙁

Stuck at home with Stoner Jr Sr feeling a bit useless. Better go and try and get the blood out of the carpet I ‘spose….

Davesport

Damn….I feel for Stoner Jnr & the rest of your family. My oldest who’s now 20 did something very similar when he was 4.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

D.

monogramman
    Free Member

I watched a clip on the news once (north west tonight) A guy chopped the tip off of his finger, just up to the knuckle. The doctors sprinkled some powder on it and it grew back! I haven’t heard anything else of this kind of thing since tho.

It was on a radio controlled plane if anyone else remembers.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery and is not to traumatized.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ooooh…poor Stoner Jr. I winced just reading that. Hope he’s feeling better later. Not a nice way to be woken up on a Sunday morning. 😐

Stoner
    Free Member

he’d lost up to the cuticle but I couldnt see any bone. I d have though theyd just close it over and wait and see. At his age there may be some re-growth I guess? But probably not much without a nail bed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh 😯 …so right down to the base of the nail bed, you mean?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Ouch, poor bairn.

Stoner
    Free Member

yep. No nail left on him, nail on the bit I picked up, but it had chopped if off him at a bit of an angle – i.e. down and forward from base of the nail towards the tip. I guess the door would have squeezed the finger tip forward and off the bone.

anagallis_arvensis

Hope he’s ok.

Stoner
    Free Member

ta all.

bruneep

For a moment there I thought there had been a wine cellar disaster.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Ouch, that’s pretty quick driving from yours though, bet R loved the garden show bimblers!

Stoner
    Free Member

Well, I was guessing 20mins if Id been driving 😳

good point re the bimblers. I hope she found a quick route.
    Havent heard from her yet. No mobile phone reception in Worcester general so no sit-rep yet…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Ouch should still manage a pinkie promise though, happy healing jnr!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Ouch, we had a lucky escape I think with our nipper (18mths) currently regrowing a new finger nail. And that was traumatic enough for my liking!

Healing vibes!

Don’t expect him to have learnt anything from this mind, mine’s still putting his fingers where he shouldn’t 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ouch.

Fingers crossed* for the little fella.

*Sorry, I had to….! 🙂

tomhoward

Same thing happened to my sister when she was 4 (shes 24 now) and you’d never know anything had happened, it all grew back, though hers was her middle finger.

Quite a funny story actually, my mum had taken me to see the GP (to subsequently be diagnosed as diabetic) and on the way out sis decides I’ve had enough attention and steals my thunder, though she sees it slightly differently, and lops the end of her finger off in much the same fashion as young stoner jr jr…. Anyway despite being in a doctors surgery they can’t stop the bleeding so we have to go to a&e, but because (the now somewhat stressed) Mrs Howard can’t both drive and keep (the now quite dizzy) Miss Howards hand raised to stop the car looking like a scene from goodfellas, we have to go via ambulance, blues & twos and everything. Probably the only time anyone will get that for being diabetic….

Anyway, long and the short of it, don’t worry!

Stoner
    Free Member

still no news from Mrs Stoner.

Medics, what’s the normal approach to thee things? Rush in to theatre, under general, have at look at the spare parts list, throw it in the bin and stitch over?

Stoner
    Free Member

it all grew back,

cool!

Fingers crossed* for the little fella.

that one’s going to cost you CFH!

geoffj

Ouch
    I have a spazzy thumb as a result of it being crushed flat when I was 2. I’m never going to win any handwriting compos, but I’ve learned to adapt – healing vibes to Stoner Jnr.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Ouch! They do mend well at that age, hope he’s ok.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

Let me know when you’re next in town. I’ll repay in a pint!

Stoner
    Free Member

Sit-rep in.
    Some good news, some not so good.

Not so good, they cant deal with it at Worcester, so Mrs S and Jr Jr are being sent to Birmingham. So she’s just about to drive there.

better news is that they’ve re-dressed Jr’s bloody stump, and it’s in good nick apparently.

Best news, they’re impressed with the tip coming with him and my packing in cellophane and freezer pack box and think its in good enough condition for reattaching. They’ve re-packaged it with fresh ice and it’s gone with them both in the hope that Birmingham will have a stab at welding it back on successfully.

Not much Jr Sr and I can do so better get on with the day. Im going to have to go and tell mum that her darling baby grandson is broken. She’s going to kill me.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Ouch, best of luck to the wee man, and best of luck with the grand parents!

Muke
    Free Member

Sounds promising then,it happens to the best of people,healing vibes to the little guy.

High four from Pat….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

🙁 That’s a crap thing to happen Stoner, I really hope they manage to stitch Jr’s pinky back on.

Although on the plus side, a scar or missing/part-missing digit adds character to the person making them more interesting. In later life Jr can dream up some bullshit story concerning how it occurred as part of a chat-up strategy with the ladies. Actually even the real story should solicit some considerable sympathy from the fairer sex 🙂

Don’t expect him to have learnt anything from this mind, mine’s still putting his fingers where he shouldn’t

I recently fitted anti-nipper finger guards to doors to a pre-school nursery. They were very easy to fit and undoubtedly very effective in operation.

Something like this :

scaredypants

I hope the little feller’s OK

is he too young for junioryakuza.com ?

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Same thing happened to a friend’s child but in those big hotel autoclosing doors. They managed to get her to the hospital and they got a surgeon to stitch it back on. I think they got a plastic surgeon to do something.

alpin
    Free Member

i met up with a mate in town the other day. he’s just finished his joinery apprenticeship and is missing half his index finger to prove it….

i’m one of the few chippies/joiners i know that hasn’t lopped of part of a finger….. yet.

speedy recovery. good luck.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I chopped the tip of my index finger off in a bike chainset (most of the way up the nail) aged 10ish, they scrubbed it clean under local (fortunately I was as bad at lubing chains back then as I am now!) and stuck it back on with steri-strips and 3 months later it was back to functional, with some tingling. 20 years later I’ve full feeling and just a slight scar to show for it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i’m one of the few chippies/joiners i know that hasn’t lopped of part of a finger….. yet.

Sod working for your firm.

ThePinkster

they cant deal with it at Worcester, so Mrs S and Jr Jr are being sent to Birmingham. So she’s just about to drive there

If they’re going to either Birmingham Childrens, East Birmingham or Selly Oak hospital they’ll be in very good hands.

Hope Jr’s ok very soon.

Dolcered

I winced when i read that, hope hes ok.

CHB

ouch…hope the wee fellah is OK.
    At least he will be carefull near doors now…no need for those guards.
    If you wrapped in plastic and then bandage, and then ice (ie keep the ice away from direct contact with the digit to prevent it freezing.
    ) then you did the right thing.

Would say fingers crossed, but probably not appropriate.

😉

inigomontoya
    Free Member

When jr nutted the corner of a door he needed a general to stitch it, no problem, he’ll be fine. A and e on Halloween was entertaining though!

yossarian
    Free Member

Hope he heals up well Stoner. Human body is an amazing thing.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

A friend told me how she closed a window once and then to her horror, her 2 year old had her fingers
    in the frame/window.

Luckily stiches and small digits are flexi and heal fast.

Not easy being a parent.

Hope the nipper is ok OP.

Hohum
    Free Member

Ouch, poor wee soul.

Children do seem to like putting their hands and fingers everywhere. Every time I see my children putting their fingers close to door frames it makes me feel queasy and I am quick to tell them to move them.

Travis

(hugs) to S Jr. Hope he heels quickly.

cynic-al
    Free Member

pics?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Waking up to screaming and claret *EVERYWHERE*’ is closed to new replies.