Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Waiting to access Currys website
  • aracer
    Free Member

2 minutes to go it says. Have been waiting in a queue to access the website for 40 minutes. Do you think there will be anything exciting when I get in?

jon1973
    Free Member

placed in a queue to get on to a website ?? more than an hour wait? 😯

cchris2lou

wife tried a few minutes ago . she was number 350000 in the queue .

kimbers

just google what you are after and it takes you in, well it did for me with pcworld stuff

bigshep
    Free Member

Crikey, it’s more than an hour now.
    Do tell us what goodies they had as I’m off to bed 😀

aracer
    Free Member

That’s what I did, kimbers and the google link put me in a queue (wasn’t particularly planning on shopping at Currys).

Am in now, and nothing exciting on the link – wondering what I’m missing.

Anybody want my cookies?

dux
    Free Member

Is PC World not the same as Currys?

Jamie
    Free Member

Queueing to get into a website? Lolwhut?

Flaperon

Needing to put you in a queue smacks of shite website architecture or appallingly cynical marketing. Or both. Shysters. You’re probably in the same queue when you need customer service.

aracer
    Free Member

Well it’s not desperately hard work being in the queue – they even say you can close the page (as it’s cookie based – I found the relevant cookies if anybody really does want them!) Does seem like poor server capability, but then I suppose it’s better than just falling over.

Drac

Or just go to PCWorld.

Jamie
    Free Member

Well it’s not desperately hard work being in the queue

I do hope your at least tutting loudly, and making a point of looking at your watch,

paulmgreen
    Free Member

What is the big attraction? What are the deals that mean a queue to even get on a web site ?

slowoldman

A colleague of mine waited the thick end of a hour the other day to get on the website for Rugby World Cup tickets. Needless to say but the time he got on all the good stuff and reasonably priced stuff had gone. There were still tickets for the final at £750 a pop (not knowing who will be playing!). They say Opera is elitist. Glyndebourne tickets for next year only go up to about £250.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Waiting to access Currys website’ is closed to new replies.