Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • VOT – Handsfree car kits – talk to me!
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Been using a wireless and wired handsfree kit but all I’ve used have been rubbish – people cant hear me, bad battery life and echo’y line.

Thinking about having something professionally installed to improve the quality especially as I am going to be driving more with a new job.

Anyone got any recommendations or thoughts on this from their experience?

5AM
    Free Member

Had a Parrot kit that wires in to the back of your car stereo just using a harness inline with the existing wiring kit. Easy to fit, works absolutely perfectly and you syncs all your contacts etc everytime you get in the car.
    Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another when this one bites the dust (been going 7 years so expect it to at some point soon.)

bruneep

yup Parrot kits are good.

simon_g

Parrot all the way – 3200 if you just want calls, 9200 if you want iPod or music integration too.

D0NK

Around here the most popular hands free kit is putting your phone on speaker and holding it 6″ from your face whilst driving….that’s handsfree right? Yeah? Cos if it aint soooo many people in manchester should be getting pulled by the cops.

scaredypants

phones in cars are dangerous because they affect your concentration, not just because you’re holding a phone to your head

govt should have had the balls to make both illegal

mrmo
    Free Member

is this personal or business, i know my last employer made a policy decision that using a phone whilst driving was gross misconduct, no excuses. It didn’t matter if it was hand free or not, it came down to if the employee was in an accident the company would be guilty of failing to consider the H&S implications of allowing its employees to use a phone, there are studies showing that phones do distract and make you more likely to crash.

So before you spend money find out if there are any rules in place.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Business use and company is fine with in car use (sales led organisation)

Like the look of the Parrot. Been looking at the 9200 as it will connect with my Ipod. 5AM – how easy to fit? I know how to get my stereo out but seems to be a lot of gubbins you need to shove in different places to install it.

allthegear
    Free Member

I have a Parrot 9000 and use it with my iPhone, both over Bluetooth and also plugged in, with the cables arranged so it sits in a harness on the dashboard.

It works really, really well. I can play all my music through the car speakers with good quality and TomTom software will happily interject with driving directions as it likes. Battery gets charged as I drive, too.

The call quality is good – certainly MUCH better than the one I had before (some IO devices thing).

Rachel

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

kids in cars are dangerous because they affect your concentration

Pembo
    Free Member

Blown away by the quality of this for £30.

No complaints from people on the other end and the battery last for ages.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Someone has just added this to my confusion!!!

Alpine Head unit

I imagine this would be a quick swap out of the old headunit and in wiht this, plus installing the mic.

Halfords do the parrott at a reasonable price with fitting but should I trust them? (I wouldn’t with my bike)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘VOT – Handsfree car kits – talk to me!’ is closed to new replies.