Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Voodoo Wazoo. Yep.
  • gandberg

my halfords fat bike should arrive tomorrow. actually quite excited. my first offroader since selling my scott ransom to help pay for a worcester boiler or some wiring when me bought our house 5 years back.

Looked at and really like the on-one, but at £500 this new voodoo has to be worth a try. My main intentions are to start taking out or 9 month old boy on tow path and light trail rides but I’m also looking forward to some proper trails too.

Will be paying £411 for it due to a couple of easy tricks involving brit cycling membership 10% discount and paying in gift vouchers purchased at 10% less than face value, so even better.

Anyway, it might turn out to be utter shite but I hope not.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

at last, I’ve been waiting for someone on STW to buy one of these! I’m a bit fatty curious (I’ve heard they’re grateful) but a mixture of issues I’ve read about the On One Fatties on here, added to the London Road Seat tube Roulette means I’ll never but an O-O/P-X own-brand product again.

Looks like a fairly decent cheap fatty, better than the 300 quid ebay/Go outdoors beasts and cheap enough that if you did like it you could upgrade to say a carbon fork and some better kit and still come in under the price of the basic On One.

Reasonably balanced initial impression here

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=13030884

if we’re allowed to link BR!

Keep us posted.

gandberg

I will. We went to Germany last week and called in at Canyon HQ in Koblenz and I tried their Dude fat bike. So stable and grippy even going over loose deep gravel. Not expecting the wazoo to be in the same league but the quick test ride was enough to convince me to give it a go. The canyon bikes on display, road and dirt. Lovely machines!

tezatron
    Free Member

I think it looks great. Hopefully frame fork and wheels will be good enough and you can swap out the other bits at your leisure if needed. Good for you.

bikeneil
    Free Member

It looks great. A fifty pound 8 speed fat bike made by Halfords. What’s not to like?

gandberg

quoted weight is lighter than the one-one fatty. all your KOMS belong to us.

Northwind

Interested to hear how it goes too! I haven’t the space for one or I’d already have ordered.

bikeneil – Member

It looks great. A fifty pound 8 speed fat bike made by Halfords. What’s not to like?

36lbs claimed. Might be optimistic but I bet 10p it’s nearer to 30 than 50.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

So this appears to have completely disappeared from Halfords website, or anywhere else for that matter?!

gandberg

It does as I checked for reviews earlier as Halfords have asked me to reviews it (just an auto generated email with link to a web form) and I couldn’t find the bike on the site either.

First impressions are that the bike is great value for money. I’ve only done about 20km so far and also have been carrying our 9 month old so it hasnt been put through any kind of stern off road test but hopefully I’ll rectify this soon.

After picking it up I had to realign the front brake caliper as it was rubbing on the disc and I also pointed the shifters and levers downwards to a more comfortable angle, but thats it.

It gets commented on lots and people want to talk about it, which is good I guess.

Biggest thing I’ve noticed is the handling. It actually takes an effort to lean it over going round corners. Rotating mass I’m not accustomed to, but am getting used to. All good fun, and the little man loves being out in the fresh air on it too, which is great.

yunki
    Free Member

photos?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

gandberg goes to bike to garage to photo his bike…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tmkAFb_Os[/video]

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It looks a bit big for you; is that why you’ve got your grump on?

jamesy01
    Free Member

That looks cracking…much nicer than the Fatty and I’ve been an OnOne fan for a few years!
    Only 5 more sacrifices until the Parkwood is ‘mine’ 🙂

peekay

Jamesy01 – Fewer sacrifices would be needed if you bought a used one.

[See for sale forum 😉 ]

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I asked on halfords blog and it’s completely sold out hence being taken off the site, and they’ll put it back up when they get more in. I’d have thought it’d been a better idea to leave it on there with a “sold out!” banner to maintain demand/interest, but what do I know.

fadda

Just dug this thread up – anyone know if Hanford’s are likely to ever get these back in…?

honourablegeorge

No wonder it’s fifty pounds, there’a child fitted to the top tube

lightman
    Free Member

There is one on the FaceBook selling page.
    There is also a nice Fatty going for £600.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

More stock is due at the end of November.

But I’m in front of you in the queue!

🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

For anyone interested they are back in stock.

matty456
    Free Member

Looking at buying one of these. Anyone know frame sizing? I’m 5’10” normally ride a medium, unsure wether to go for the 18″ or 20″. Cheers

iain1775
    Free Member

For just about another £1800 you could have the e-bike version
    Complete with Hydropholic disc brakes, ‘winter pack’ and some increased comfort riser bars

http://wing-ebikes.co.uk/?page_id=3218&gclid=Cj0KEQiA496zBRDoi5OY3p2xmaUBEiQArLNnK8g1tk-22Ae4zrg4uWH9YDdyoYyqanbOZ-oit0v5D24aAlWL8P8HAQ

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I got mine today!

The 16.5kg quoted is the gross weight of the box with the bike in it. According to my scales, the bike all built up is 13.3kg or 29.2lbs so not bad at all for the money.

Out of the box it all works really well. Transmission is functional and the brakes are fine. Handling is a bit odd at first (it’s my first fat bike) but I think I’m going to love it 🙂 Really can’t argue for the money…

matty456
    Free Member

Got mine yesterday, pretty impressed with it so far, never ridden a fat bike, rode the muddiest local trails I could find. Great fun for the money! I’ll be raiding the spares bin and changing over a few bits to try and get the weight down though.

jeff1155

@boriselbrus 13.3kg, really? I was set on a Wazoo until I saw the Calibre Dune for similar money but at 14.something kg a fair bit lighter than 16.4!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Voodoo Wazoo. Yep.’ is closed to new replies.