Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Voodoo Bizango….Anyone ridden one??
  • timthetinyhorse

Looking to buty a not too expensive 29er or 650B HT to use for smashing to work and as an all round hack, unfortunatly im buying on the bike to work scheme and that appears to mean halfods for my company (i undersatnd that another bike shop may be used if halfords cant source what im after)but after a quick look at whats on offer all things appear to point to the voodoo bizango.

I will list the spec below but criteria are that i want to spend no more than £700ish and would like to try bigger wheels as all my current bikes are 26″

If anyone else has any viable options that would also be good providing i can suss the use of another shop, i know rumor has it leisure lakes will take halfords vouchers.

Spec….

?Approximate Weight (KG): 14.3kg
    ?Exact Frame Size: 20″
    ?Forks: 120mm Suntour Raidon LO air suspension fork with lockout & 15mm through axle
    ?Frame Material: Alloy
    ?Front Brake: Shimano BR-395 Hydraulic Disc Brake 180mm rotor
    ?Number of Gears: 27
    ?Rear Brake: Shimano BR-395 Hydraulic Disc Brake 180mm rotor
    ?Wheel Size: 29″
    ?Cassette: 11-34T
    ?Chainset: Shimano Alivio FC-M431, 44/32/22T Octalink
    ?Fork Lock-out: Yes
    ?Fork travel: 120mm
    ?Frame Colour: Black
    ?Front Mech: Shimano Alivio FD-M431
    ?Gear Shifters: Shimano Deore SL-M590
    ?Gender: Mens
    ?Handle Bars: 680mm Flat bar, 31.8mm
    ?Headset: 1 1/8 Aheadset
    ?Hubs: Formula hubs – Front 15mm through axle
    ?Pedals: Wellgo alloy platform with toe clips
    ?Quick Release Front Wheel: Yes
    ?Quick Release Rear Wheel: Yes
    ?Rear Mech: Shimano Deore RD-M592SGS
    ?Rims: Double wall alloy black 32 hole disc rims
    ?Saddle: Voodoo Branded – Steel Rails
    ?Seatpost: 400mm Alloy 31.6
    ?Stem: 80mm length Aluminium – 31.8mm bar clamp
    ?Suspension: Front
    ?Tyres: Maxxis Ardent 29×2.25 tyre w/ Wire Bead

Cheers

fattylee
    Free Member

I’ve got one and I’m really impressed with mine…

Nice dropouts too… I’ve Set mine up single speed and its a blast

binners

Aren’t all Voodoo frames still designed by Joe Murray? You really can’t go wrong with any frame that bloke puts together. I loved my Wanga, and the older Kona’s he was responsible for. You can always upgrade the other stuff, if you’ve got a decent frame to bung it on

Bagstard
    Free Member

I got one a few weeks ago and I’m very impressed! I bought it with the intention of running it single speed, the built in dropout tensioner works really well and hasn’t moved yet. Since buying the bike I have changed quite a few things, but that is just my personal taste.

Like all my bikes it now has a 50mm stem, 780mm bars and a dropper and it is very confidence inspiring, great over jumps and drops and especially good riding over big logs! I’m very impressed by the fork, which has been really fit and forget, although the lockout is really handy for singlespeed climbs.Not sure how it will stand the test of time, but it has taken a fair beating already.

In short, buy one!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Just to go on a bit more… the brakes are very impressive, plenty of power and good feel, the frame feels very tough and chuckable, even with the big wheels!The main thing though is the geometry, it feels right going up, down and along.

As you can probably tell from my post I’m very pleased, I’m also a self confessed bike swapper and put Hora to shame!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Late edit: But this one’s a keeper!

smurfly13
    Free Member

+1 for the Bizango! I have one and can’t fault it…. Well I changed the saddle as was a little uncomfortable but no faults with the ride!!

Clink

I managed to get one frame only and running as ss – I would second the comments above. Geometry is sorted. I e-mailed Voodoo in states a question and Joe Murray himself replied!

My mate has the cheaper Aizan which he has built rigid and he likes that too.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Looks like a good option but do bear in mind that although they don’t advertise the fact, Halfords can order in pretty much anything if you ask them to so you don’t have to limit yourself to their stock bikes.

I got a Cotic Roadrat through bike to work via Halfords a few years back.

hora
    Free Member

Bagstard you and Rob Hilton put the whole of the UK to the sword with your mtb purchases 😉

Bagstard
    Free Member

hora- I still have my Blood though, that is nearly a year! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Voodoo Bizango….Anyone ridden one??’ is closed to new replies.